Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrappy twister WIP

Blog Entries
    Ok so I got anxious to try this method. I have not gotten my pattern or ruler yet but hey I thought I can do this.... :roll:
    So here we go.. I started out with my 4 1/2" in Go Baby blocks. Asked for alittle help on the QB. so now this is what I have gotten done so far. Not sure how it is going to turn out in the end but hey I tried. lol..
    I think I should have started with a smaller amount of squares but I figured I would make it into a lap throw..
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Did you cut it up yet? I made one for my sil for Christmas! Was a lot of fun. I was too impatient to order a ruler so just made my own. turned out great! Can't wait to see yours. Good Luck!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
    Did you cut it up yet? I made one for my sil for Christmas! Was a lot of fun. I was too impatient to order a ruler so just made my own. turned out great! Can't wait to see yours. Good Luck!
    I ordered the ruler and the pattern but it has yet to get here.. I am woried how it is goin to look finished but hey like I said I will use it for a lap quilt if nothing else.. hehehehe

QM
    I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Blog Entries
    How did you make your own ruler? I keep seeing these beautiful quilts made from the Twister and want to make one. Sooner or later.

The 3 1/2" Lil twister template you ordered calls for 5" squares so your blocks may not be big enough.
    I would recommend you look through the twister topics and figure out how to make a 3" twister. They would probably work with 4 1/2" squares. Make your marks at 3/4".

Here is one with lots of info:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-57130-1.htm
    Be sure and read page 6.
    good luck.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arbed31
    How did you make your own ruler? I keep seeing these beautiful quilts made from the Twister and want to make one. Sooner or later.

Lol if you want to call it a ruler.. lol.. I made a 3 1/2 square od cardboard. sewed the blocks together and checked to make sure it was going to work. Good thing I checked.. 3 1/2 was to big soooooo I cut it down to 3 since my starting blocks were only 4 1/2 " and not the normal 5". I just marked off one of my other rulers on the back side to 3" and drew my lines on scotch tape on the back side of the ruler.
    So I have started cutting now and her eis what is coming out of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by fidgety

Lol if you want to call it a ruler.. lol.. I made a 3 1/2 square od cardboard. sewed the blocks together and checked to make sure it was going to work. Good thing I checked.. 3 1/2 was to big soooooo I cut it down to 3 since my starting blocks were only 4 1/2 " and not the normal 5". I just marked off one of my other rulers on the back side to 3" and drew my lines on scotch tape on the back side of the ruler.
    So I have started cutting now and her eis what is coming out of it.
    And you were worried it wouldn't look right :) I love it. Good thing you checked the 3.5. Looks great though. I have yet to do anything scrappy. It intimidates me :) Very nice

I did 8 inch squares. And then I used my 6.5 inch ruler and drew lines an inch and a half from each corner. So from the right corner I went in to the left. The top left corner I went down. I drew on my ruler with a permanent marker. The 8 inch squares just barely worked. I think I did a 6 inch border. Anyways that's what I did. I actually got a bit of help from another member. good luck

looking good hope to see it when finished.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast