Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sewing on Sundays???? Absolutely

Maxies2: We are sooooo far behind the UK in coronation street episodes. We are at when David is sentenced to 4 months for pushing gail down the stairs.

Redquilter: The site is Stash Pot Pie (I don't have the exact site name, but if you google it the site comes up). It's a Quilt of a Month club that my local quilt shop is running. I believe that you can also register for it online. The name of this particular quilt is called "Pie Chart" (quilt number 3). This club is supposed to help you use up your stash. So far I think I've bought more for these quilts (borders, batting and backing) than used up! I love it though. My favorite quilts are scrappy ones.

Thanks for all the compliments!

OH. So pretty. I love batiks. Keep sewing on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    ...all the supplies and equiment we use were made and purchased on one of the other days. therefore, the question can legitimately be asked: when we work on a quilt, are we "creating"? or are we merely rearranging bits and pieces of which have already been created?

things that make you go "hmmmmmmmmmmmmm" .... :lol:

I do love technicalities! LOL

I work my butt off all week, if I managed to not work Sunday I am DEFINITELY quilting and that's all there is to it!

Very pretty!! Love the colors.

Patty--your quilt is so peaceful and serene to look at. I really like the colors you used in it. Very pretty.

Great colors in your quilt! Can't wait to see it quilted!

When you have an outside job, Sunday is half your weekend--and the first half is usually spent doing laundry & housework. So if you're going to do any quilting, that leaves Sunday to do it!

Nice quilt, great colors! I always quilt on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by saravincent
    My mother always said that if you sew on Sunday you'll have to pick it all out with your nose in heaven! (if I get there!). But I find that sewing is relaxing and so I like to relax on Sunday. YOur land and sea is sure nice.
    :lol: What a funny mental image! :lol: Now who says we'll have noses in heaven?? :shock:

You are not to work on sunday and like you said you love to quilt. NOT WORK to quilters.
    Maybe you should stop cooking on Sunday - BOL see how that goes over. :lol: :lol:

My grandmother refused to clean house or cook on Sundays. She always ordered from Kentucky Fried Chicken, which I thought was rather funny. She refused to cook on Sundays but it seemed she was fine with allowing someone else to do the cooking for her. :lol:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast