Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A short history of my quilting!

Unfortunately, my quilting history is necessarily short - since I've only been quilting for about a year! No place but up to go from here though, right?

Here's the first quilt I made - it was for my niece. The top was hand pieced, but I needed it pretty quickly so I had to machine quilt it.

(Also, this is my first time posting pictures...I hope it works...)

Quilt for my niece.
    Name:  Attachment-44326.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  57.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You did a great job for first quilt. Very pretty. And even tho you have only been quilting you are one up on me as I have been quilting for about 37 years but still haven't figured out how to post pics to computer. And I have been working on computers for years also.

Keep up the good work on your quilting and we look forward to seeing many many more!!!!

Keep them coming girl :!:

And here's the quilt I'm hand piecing right now. It's from Jinny Beyer's Quiltmaking by Hand book - and I think it's called "Golden Rectangle" - all the pieces are rectangles of course. :) I used fabric from Jinny Beyer's palette for this quilt. The quilt is separated into four panels. I have one completed, and am almost done with the second panel! Then I'll be halfway done! I can't believe it! Anyways...I'm also including a picture Jinny Beyer's quilt so you can get an idea what the finished product will look like.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

and then! There's the project I'm so excited about I can hardly contain myself! I only recently found out about 30's reproduction prints, but I am absolutely in love.

My mother signed us up for a quilt class - but I didn't know what the pattern was initially. I was really hoping it would be something like a dresden plate (as I just think those look adorable with 30's repro. fabrics), and it is!!!! (well - there's only one dresden plate in the middle, but then fans all around!) It will look so amazing with 30's prints! So I picked out my fabric last week.

The class is tomorrow - and I can't wait! And for this quilt, I'll definitely be doing machine piecing, but I'm going to try to hand quilt it.

I'm in fabric love!
    Name:  Attachment-45142.jpe
Views: 36
Size:  78.3 KB

a closeup of the fabric I'll use for the plate/fans! <3
    Name:  Attachment-45195.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  64.8 KB

I just wanted you to see the cute background fabric I'll be using. It's got such cute pastel dots!
    Name:  Attachment-45293.jpe
Views: 36
Size:  47.1 KB

Wow!!!! Love them both. Great job.

wonderful work....you are well on the way to being a pro :D

Welcome to the forum Bluedande!

I love your chosice of fabrics for the dresdin, have fun at your class, you will learn a lot!

Love your other quilts too!

Blog Entries
    Welcome.

You're off to a great start. I like all your quilts. You did a good job on your niece's quilt and the Jinny Beyer bargello one is going to look lovely when done.

I loved 30's repro fabrics before I knew that that was what they were called, and a DP is perfect for those fabrics. I am looking forward to seeing your DP blocks/quilt.

ranger

Your points/square corners match really well. Great job!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast