Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Small Gifts and Favors, the Morter of Friendship

QM
    Many of you already know that I am going to be featured quilter at our show in August. We have wonderful neighbors who are very dear friends. Two years ago, I made this as a gift for my neighbor. Yesterday, she let me borrow it for my display. The background story is that we share garden produce, amoung other things. She makes apple pies from our fruit every year, but in 2009, our crop was destroyed by a late frost, so I gave her these apples.

You can't see in this picture, but the basket and apples are heavily stuffed, the white closely stippled and all the morter lines of the bricks are quilted, emphasizing the 3D effect of the basket.

This is also the neighbor who pushed me really hard to become a quilter, although I was sure I did not want to.

Small Gifts and Favors, the morter of friendship
    Name:  Attachment-177899.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  115.7 KB

Wow! Love the quilt and the story. Thank you so much for sharing. Congrats on being featured at your quilt show! And just think, we can brag that another of our QB friends is famous! ;-)

There is nothing like a true friend. I cherish everyone of mine. Also,congratulations on your being chosed to be the featured quilter at your show. What an honor!!

Blog Entries
    I can smell the apple pies baking from here:) Congrats on being the featured artist:)

Blog Entries
    What a beautiful quilt. The brick fabric is so unusual. Congrats on being chosen.

:thumbup: :thumbup: NICE STORY!!

QM
    Thank you. The day we got this property, our dog got lost. These neighbors, whom we had never before met, organized a search party. This is typical of them. BTW, she makes really great apple pies.

What a wonderful meaningful quilt. It would be wonderful even without the story. I love that you quilted the mortor

Beautiful quilt and I love the story. Good neighbors who are good friends are a true blessing!

I love the brick,it looks so real! Friends are wonderful. Appreciate you sharing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast