Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: small snap bags

Really Cute. Thank you for showing us these.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lindyline
    Thanks for the pics, I'm going to make these for dog training, to keep smelly treats in.Now all I have to do is find the metal closures somewhere on line. Any ideas where?
    Forgot to look before posting, it uses an actual tape measure. Even better.Two plumbers and a builder as son/soninlaws, they break ém regularly.
    Perfect!! My first one dh gave me..not broken..he thought he had a broken one but couldn't find it and figured he threw it out..so gave me a good one..I used it....THEN he found the broken one..that was ok I used that one too and found some $ stores have the 1" wide ones and some have the 3/4" ones

Thank you for sharing! I'd given up looking on line for a pattern/tutorial, finally bought the pattern at a shop a few weeks ago. Oh well.

Yours are very cute & I like the idea of lining w/ plastic bag.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Fish
    here are 2 of the small snap bags I made....( I have made about 30 or more) I used the tutorial from http://tatteredgarden.blogspot.com/2...-tutorial.html
    Most of them I lined also with plastic zip lock bags so they will be good for snacks or cosmetics etc
    Just saw one a friend did when I shared the site with her on how to make these...she made it long for a pencil case but she used hers for scissors etc in her sewing tote...will make one and post a pic as soon as I can!

Have made these little snap bags. just love them.......
    there are so many uses for them. Everyone should have one.

wow I love the colors and I like the fish print the most

community benefactor p38flygirl's Avatar
    love these bags...

Quote Originally Posted by lindyline
    Thanks for the pics, I'm going to make these for dog training, to keep smelly treats in.Now all I have to do is find the metal closures somewhere on line. Any ideas where?
    Forgot to look before posting, it uses an actual tape measure. Even better.Two plumbers and a builder as son/soninlaws, they break ém regularly.
    If you are talking about the snap bags, it just a part of a metal measuring tape that is cut to size. I made a purse using them. I cut four piece of the measuring tape puting two of them together per side and used duct tape to cover the ends which I had rounded. No points they will wear out the fabric. Double your fabric or use batting in that area on both sides for more protection. K

Blog Entries
    Sue Fish, great idea using the plastic bags, they do sew up fast especially using the double sides pre-quilted fabric..........calla/Sue

Really cute Sue, can't wait to see others you do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast