Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: small snap bags

wow I love the colors and I like the fish print the most

community benefactor p38flygirl's Avatar
    love these bags...

Quote Originally Posted by lindyline
    Thanks for the pics, I'm going to make these for dog training, to keep smelly treats in.Now all I have to do is find the metal closures somewhere on line. Any ideas where?
    Forgot to look before posting, it uses an actual tape measure. Even better.Two plumbers and a builder as son/soninlaws, they break ém regularly.
    If you are talking about the snap bags, it just a part of a metal measuring tape that is cut to size. I made a purse using them. I cut four piece of the measuring tape puting two of them together per side and used duct tape to cover the ends which I had rounded. No points they will wear out the fabric. Double your fabric or use batting in that area on both sides for more protection. K

Blog Entries
    Sue Fish, great idea using the plastic bags, they do sew up fast especially using the double sides pre-quilted fabric..........calla/Sue

Really cute Sue, can't wait to see others you do

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Fish
    here are 2 of the small snap bags I made....( I have made about 30 or more) I used the tutorial from http://tatteredgarden.blogspot.com/2...-tutorial.html
    Most of them I lined also with plastic zip lock bags so they will be good for snacks or cosmetics etc
    When you made these bags did you sandwich with batting and still used lining? Or did you just use 2 pieces of fabric for the inner and outer and how did you put the plastic bag inside it.

here are 2 of the small snap bags I made....( I have made about 30 or more) I used the tutorial from http://tatteredgarden.blogspot.com/2...-tutorial.html
    Most of them I lined also with plastic zip lock bags so they will be good for snacks or cosmetics etc
    Your bag looks wider at the top than what the picture shows from the link of the tattered garden. How much more did you make the adjustment? Love your bags.

Quote Originally Posted by quilterj
    Your bag looks wider at the top than what the picture shows from the link of the tattered garden. How much more did you make the adjustment? Love your bags.
    Don't mind me I always seem to ask questions before I get going on something or get the job done. I made one and looks fine.

I would love to make these...my Daughter is just in First Grade and there are many years of lunches left. I have seen them with wide velcro and don't see any prbolem altering to do so also, but my main question is, is there anything more 'permanant' than a ziplock to line them with...something washable? Vinyl maybe? Ideas?

I made one and sewed vinyl in it. I made it to be a make up bag. I will get it postdd within the next couple days.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink74
    I would love to make these...my Daughter is just in First Grade and there are many years of lunches left. I have seen them with wide velcro and don't see any prbolem altering to do so also, but my main question is, is there anything more 'permanant' than a ziplock to line them with...something washable? Vinyl maybe? Ideas?
    I just used ziplock gallon size bags. Food safe

WHat do they use to back things like bibs?

Very pretty. Wonderful idea about using the zip log bags inside! :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltinggirl
    Very pretty. Wonderful idea about using the zip log bags inside! :)
    I just gave my dil more snap bags for my 3yr old grand to share with her little friends and the plastic lining makes them good for snacks

cute sue.... I like the fabric

Those are great and such a good idea to line them with

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Fish View Post
    Thought I'd post again as a reminder as these make nice little gifts

I'm glad you did. Time to make some more. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2