Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
So Be It Color Crayon Wall Hanging.... >

So Be It Color Crayon Wall Hanging....

So Be It Color Crayon Wall Hanging....

Old 05-23-2009, 09:43 PM

That is so stunning. I love the rocks that is perfect on that block. That would be a fun technique to learn. Beautiful work!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 07:07 AM

That is beautifully done, I just love the gold quilting. Can I ask what thread you used, I ask because the one I have keeps breaking in the needle, it kind of just shreds and its buggin me.

Elle
Old 05-24-2009, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

Hi crissise,
Your group is very talented coming up with all these nice ideas. The crayon with the batiks is a natural match isn't it? Something I will file away for future design ideas.

In a way it is nice to have quilted the others first, you got to audition what you would do with yours. LoL! Right? You do such a beautiful job of the quilting. Do you do it professionally? I love the sparkle the golden thread adds.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Hi crissise,
Your group is very talented coming up with all these nice ideas. The crayon with the batiks is a natural match isn't it? Something I will file away for future design ideas.

In a way it is nice to have quilted the others first, you got to audition what you would do with yours. LoL! Right? You do such a beautiful job of the quilting. Do you do it professionally? I love the sparkle the golden thread adds.
Thanks for your compliments, I do work for those that belong to my quilting group, I don't know if you could call that professionally, I've been quilting for others for over six years now so maybe, but mostly for the love of quilting. I used my friends long arm for a shot time but I really like moving and drawing with my needle and having control of the quilt~ I'M IN CONTROL~ :lol:
Elle the type of thread I use is Sulky Metallics Holoshimmer 145-007 and I use a large eyed needle 90/40 by Schmetz called Metallic needle. I DO NOT like the sliver it's really hard to use and tangles a lot. I some time have to lay different spools on their sides, depending on how they are on the spools. Zig-Zag wound have to be on their side ~ I've learned the hard way.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:19 AM
pal

Hi Crissie, I keep going back and looking at your wall hanging.

It is absolutely exquisite! The work that you put into it boggles the mind!

In a previous post you said that you use regular crayons, is that what
you used in this one too? (I have the fabric crayons - and think maybe the only difference is the price)

And what did you put in the bobbin when you used the gold thread?

Thank you for sharing this with all of us.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

WOW! That is really really pretty! I love the way your quilting looks like pebbles too.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
That is beautifully done, I just love the gold quilting. Can I ask what thread you used, I ask because the one I have keeps breaking in the needle, it kind of just shreds and its buggin me.

Elle
Also try loosening the tension a bit -- When I use metallic thread for embroidery, I have to loosen the tension AND slow the motor down. So no pedal to the metal either :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-24-2009, 10:56 AM

this is so so pretty!!!! I love the gold it really completes it! Great Job!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Power Poster

How pretty! The colors are perfect.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Elle
Also try loosening the tension a bit -- When I use metallic thread for embroidery, I have to loosen the tension AND slow the motor down. So no pedal to the metal either :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, Your right (s l o w) is good and some time I even put the tension to "0" and the foot pressure really lose #4 on my machine.. #1 Being normal.
The color crayons as just the ordinary type in that giant box, you've got a better choice of colors for shading there. I use Mostly Sulky this one is Holoshimmer 145-6007, I used Invisible fine .004 Thread in the bobbin, I feel it safer then nylon for longevity ??? I usually try to keep the weight of the thread in the bobbin the same as the top threads.. Big difference if you don't! I'll post another picture that another friend did and you'll see how she shaded hers. Of course she is an oil painting artist too, so she's got the true knowledge of blending colors.
Thanks so much for all your compliments, sure makes me feel good when I know somebody else likes it, You just never know if your doing good (in the eyes of others) until somebody tells you... At least that's how it is with me. It really makes me nervous to work on other's works!