View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Crissie

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
That is beautifully done, I just love the gold quilting. Can I ask what thread you used, I ask because the one I have keeps breaking in the needle, it kind of just shreds and its buggin me.

Elle
Also try loosening the tension a bit -- When I use metallic thread for embroidery, I have to loosen the tension AND slow the motor down. So no pedal to the metal either :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, Your right (s l o w) is good and some time I even put the tension to "0" and the foot pressure really lose #4 on my machine.. #1 Being normal.
The color crayons as just the ordinary type in that giant box, you've got a better choice of colors for shading there. I use Mostly Sulky this one is Holoshimmer 145-6007, I used Invisible fine .004 Thread in the bobbin, I feel it safer then nylon for longevity ??? I usually try to keep the weight of the thread in the bobbin the same as the top threads.. Big difference if you don't! I'll post another picture that another friend did and you'll see how she shaded hers. Of course she is an oil painting artist too, so she's got the true knowledge of blending colors.
Thanks so much for all your compliments, sure makes me feel good when I know somebody else likes it, You just never know if your doing good (in the eyes of others) until somebody tells you... At least that's how it is with me. It really makes me nervous to work on other's works!