Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: So Full of Energy I Can't Decide What to Do

Blog Entries

So Full of Energy I Can't Decide What to Do

This time of year is good and bad for me. Good because I get all jazzed up to tie up old projects, start new projects, try new things...the bad is I tend to be depressed this time of year. Just seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, long dark days will be over soon, spring will be here and robins will be in the yard again.

My immediate projects are to complete two baby quilts, one is almost done and the other is ready for machine applique. Start designing a quilt that was special ordered and to be delivered in Sept, lots of time for that. Quilt a UFO for a special granddaughter in law for her college graduation, design and complete a memory quilt for a friend by February. How in the world can I be depressed with all these things to be accomplished. The photos are of the baby quilts I am working on right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you will be busy. The baby quilts are wonderful. Lot of talent there. Depression will be gone soon. Good luck. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Those are darling. Sometimes you can think of so many things to do, that you don't know where to start - thus a feeling of being depressed. Been there, done that.

Blog Entries
    very nicely done
    Nancy in western NY

Love the quilts. Go go go!
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

Power Poster
    very nice quilts good job!!!
    QUILTNMO

I hear you about long dreary winter days! Know exactly what you are talking about. BUT the days are already getting longer. BTW, if you accomplish that when you are depressed, I can only imagine what you can do when you are 100%. Those are very pretty.

Cute quilts. Could you send some of that energy my way!! Please.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

Blog Entries
    Vitamin D is very good for depression. I'm not all jazzed up to finish old projects. But, I'd sure like to be. I've got so much work to be done. So many things I need to finish. Sometimes we just need to stop putting pressure on ourselves and stop to smell the roses.
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.

I believe the sun is going to shine tomorrow and you will feel better! My DH also gets depressed when the weather is cold and bad, so we made a trip into town this morning, good thing coz we got snow this afternoon. I find that if I am feeling a little down, I go do some hand quilting and sit under my daylight bulbs, don't know if it is the bulbs that make me feel a little better or just relaxing. Spring is just around the corner!!!!!!
    Linda

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast