Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: So Full of Energy I Can't Decide What to Do

Blog Entries

So Full of Energy I Can't Decide What to Do

This time of year is good and bad for me. Good because I get all jazzed up to tie up old projects, start new projects, try new things...the bad is I tend to be depressed this time of year. Just seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, long dark days will be over soon, spring will be here and robins will be in the yard again.

My immediate projects are to complete two baby quilts, one is almost done and the other is ready for machine applique. Start designing a quilt that was special ordered and to be delivered in Sept, lots of time for that. Quilt a UFO for a special granddaughter in law for her college graduation, design and complete a memory quilt for a friend by February. How in the world can I be depressed with all these things to be accomplished. The photos are of the baby quilts I am working on right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like you will be busy. The baby quilts are wonderful. Lot of talent there. Depression will be gone soon. Good luck. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Those are darling. Sometimes you can think of so many things to do, that you don't know where to start - thus a feeling of being depressed. Been there, done that.

Blog Entries
    very nicely done
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Love the quilts. Go go go!
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

Power Poster
    very nice quilts good job!!!
    QUILTNMO

I hear you about long dreary winter days! Know exactly what you are talking about. BUT the days are already getting longer. BTW, if you accomplish that when you are depressed, I can only imagine what you can do when you are 100%. Those are very pretty.

Cute quilts. Could you send some of that energy my way!! Please.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

Blog Entries
    Vitamin D is very good for depression. I'm not all jazzed up to finish old projects. But, I'd sure like to be. I've got so much work to be done. So many things I need to finish. Sometimes we just need to stop putting pressure on ourselves and stop to smell the roses.
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

I believe the sun is going to shine tomorrow and you will feel better! My DH also gets depressed when the weather is cold and bad, so we made a trip into town this morning, good thing coz we got snow this afternoon. I find that if I am feeling a little down, I go do some hand quilting and sit under my daylight bulbs, don't know if it is the bulbs that make me feel a little better or just relaxing. Spring is just around the corner!!!!!!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Just looking at those would get me out of depression. Just beautiful. Blessings to you.
    Patrice

Blog Entries
    Cute projects....as far as depression this time of year....have you ever heard of seasonal affect disorder? I use light therapy for mine...tremendous help!!!

Such beautiful projects! Is the Australian animals one for someone in Australia? It is really something else! I, too, suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and have for many years. Sitting in a sunny spot, or getting out for a short walk (on sunny days!), working under my Ott lights at night - all of these are a big help. And while you are sitting - you get to work at knocking things off the list. Win, win! Good luck in your ventures.

Blog Entries
    Lovely projects, so pretty! I notice the sun is brighter now and will continue to do so. As you said, you have lots of things to finish and each one will bring you closer to spring!
    Helen T.

DITTO!!! and I am a lot further north with a lot less daylight than some of you! Love my little light and use it daily!

Quote Originally Posted by alikat110 View Post
    Cute projects....as far as depression this time of year....have you ever heard of seasonal affect disorder? I use light therapy for mine...tremendous help!!!

Blog Entries
    both are very nice

These are gorgeous!!!!!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by MisDixie View Post
    DITTO!!! and I am a lot further north with a lot less daylight than some of you! Love my little light and use it daily!

beautiful quilts, I've set myself to get working as this time of year is bad for me too. Thanks for sharing and good luck with your time schedules!
    maker of the 'Oh Dear Jane' Quilt, or should I say trying to the the maker of it?

Power Poster
    Great quilts! Think of the fact that the winter solstice means that the days are going to start getting longer again. Before you know it spring will be here. I am hoping we actually get a spring this year. Last year we got early warm weather and then a hard frost that wiped out a lot of the fruit tree blossoms and then smack into summer heat.

You do beautiful work. Take heart - spring WILL be here!

Beautiful work!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Your quilts are just darling. Some one will be so happy to receive them. Great Job !
    Have a Blessed & Prosperous Day !
    Chris.

They are wonderful. They have special lights that give the right spectrum of light in these short days. My friend has seasonal affective disorder and they help her. The days are lengthening. I hate the short days too.
    DEB CAVAN

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I have realized for many years the effect of winter on my mood. I do take a mild anti-depressant now and that really helps as well as getting as much light as possible. It is confusing even to me to see what I wrote about being full of energy and still depressed, I don't really know what I mean. The Australian animal quilt is one that I am keeping for future great-grandchildren. This is a pattern from Australian Patchwork and Quilting, Vol 17 No. 8. I love that magazine but am having problems finding them.

The other is called "Judah's Jungle" and is a little late in being delivered. Will get it in the mail Monday. Judah is about a month old now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast