Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Some of my quilts

Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    really great work! you have been a busy bee, haven't you?

the appliques are very beautiful and i don't think i've seen them before, so they are interesting as well. tell me, what is gridded fusible?

First of all, thank you!!!! I always feel like like I don't have enough time to work on my projects.

secondly, gridded fusible is single sided fusible w/ 1" grid lines on it. I've only purchased it once, not sure if it comes in other sizes, but what I got is 45" wide, and I purchased 4 yards. I then iron the 2" squares for the double Irish chain onto the fusible, and then flip it over, sew along the grid lines, and voila, the top of a quilt!!! LOVE the stuff!!!

Blog Entries
    Kittygram....your work is wonderful! I love applique and am learning how to do needleturn...yours looks really great, are you sure its your first attempt? BTW...our sofa is exactly like the one you show under your doll quilt. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Kittygram....your work is wonderful! I love applique and am learning how to do needleturn...yours looks really great, are you sure its your first attempt? BTW...our sofa is exactly like the one you show under your doll quilt. :lol:

Thank you!! Yes, first attempt!!! I see my mistakes, though!!! LOL!! We're always the most critical person when it comes to our own work!!

My friend's Mom and Dad have the same furniture, too!

Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing

Excellent work and I can see you love to sew. It keeps me challenge looking at all your excellent work. Keep sharing with us
    Beth

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Beautiful work! I love your appliqué especially. I must try and get my 4 1/2 year old sewing. She's just getting interested - the other day she said 'when you die Mummy, can I have all your sewing stuff?' Charming!

K x
    LOL K

Aren't children just so very innocent, bless her.

Tisha

Kitty

I love all your work - I don't know how I missed your thread previously as I would have replied sooner.

Your Needleturn Applique is lovely - the patterns are not ones I have seen before?

Tisha

thank you quilter1962. It's called Applique Affair. Just google Laundry Basket Quilts - it's one of those!!!!

I haven't even touched the applique since late April. I've been needing "instant gratification" lately!!!!

I'm going to try to add a few more. Let's see how the camera's working tonight. It's been giving me some problems.

For my ex-MIL, part of her 70th b-day gift. They weren't quite finished at this point, but I forgot to take pics of the finished products : (
    Name:  Attachment-40340.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  62.8 KB

I had so much fun making this wall hanging! I've been looking on line for more, even tho the 4th is over.
    Name:  Attachment-40351.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  27.4 KB

Blog Entries
    all are very nice

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5