Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
some wanted to see more floral log cabin design options... >

some wanted to see more floral log cabin design options...

some wanted to see more floral log cabin design options...

Old 04-17-2009, 07:09 PM

Wow--I had NO idea there were that many possible ways to lay out a log cabin. What a fun project!! I love all the layouts and could not even begin to choose.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:33 PM

I don't know how you are going to select just one setting. They are all interesting. Whatever you decide , it's going to be absolutely gorgeous!!
Old 04-17-2009, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Hi omak--I will be using a lot more than 56 squares. Those lay outs are for 64, but I'm thinking somewhere around 10x12...maybe. I haven't gotten that far yet. :wink: I've been too busy on other stuff to work much on squares... but maybe today or this weekend.... also, my head is foggy from mare stare and I'm afraid of making mistakes. :roll:
I haven't been following your mare stare thread, but it must be what happens when my cows are ready to calve (but, horses are more intense, no doubt!)
Anyway .. I have been thinking about your sunflowers .... you must find them rather startling, but since I am so old, startling is a good thing, in my mind <g> ... many have commented on them, and maybe you aren't comfortable with them? I was wondering .... they all seem to be in the same place in the blocks ... so <g> since you are going to be making MORE blocks ... what would happen if you moved them to different spots in the next blocks .... OR <g>
I thought maybe you could put all the SF blocks together for an accent and build the rest of the form around those ... however many there are ... I am just intrigued at all that you have shown!
On my way to start pulling florals to start cutting strips ... I want a quilt like yours!
And, have been looking at everyone's sewing rooms... have to shop for cabinets and build myself a ladder! Am so enjoying this list and contributors!
Old 04-18-2009, 04:16 AM

Beautiful, Karla!

yeah the big sunflower has to go, but I'd spend the time hooking out that piece and replacing them... you're so close to haveing enough blocks!!!

I like #2!
Old 04-18-2009, 05:31 AM

Karla

As much as I love sunflowers, it does seem to stand out from the other flowers.... You must have gone crazy setting those up in all those different ways...they are all beautiful, glad I don't have to make the final decision....Make sure you post the final project...can't wait to see what you end up with...any one of them will be perfect.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:36 AM

I will make many squares--for I do want to make more than one project--but the others will be wall hangings. :wink: So--the sunflowers will go somewhere... I think they looks fine in #1, but not the rest.

I wish I could work on them more--but only got one strip sewed on the next batch yesterday--I haven't even cut them apart yet. :? But, happily, part of the joy of quilting is I have no deadlines!! :D This will be in progress for a while longer.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:35 AM

They are all beautiful, but # 2 really talks to me. However, I know what you mean about the corners.
Decisions, Decisions!
:roll: