Old 04-17-2009, 07:43 PM
omak

Originally Posted by barnbum
Hi omak--I will be using a lot more than 56 squares. Those lay outs are for 64, but I'm thinking somewhere around 10x12...maybe. I haven't gotten that far yet. :wink: I've been too busy on other stuff to work much on squares... but maybe today or this weekend.... also, my head is foggy from mare stare and I'm afraid of making mistakes. :roll:
I haven't been following your mare stare thread, but it must be what happens when my cows are ready to calve (but, horses are more intense, no doubt!)
Anyway .. I have been thinking about your sunflowers .... you must find them rather startling, but since I am so old, startling is a good thing, in my mind <g> ... many have commented on them, and maybe you aren't comfortable with them? I was wondering .... they all seem to be in the same place in the blocks ... so <g> since you are going to be making MORE blocks ... what would happen if you moved them to different spots in the next blocks .... OR <g>
I thought maybe you could put all the SF blocks together for an accent and build the rest of the form around those ... however many there are ... I am just intrigued at all that you have shown!
On my way to start pulling florals to start cutting strips ... I want a quilt like yours!
And, have been looking at everyone's sewing rooms... have to shop for cabinets and build myself a ladder! Am so enjoying this list and contributors!