Slowly but surely I'm working my way through my Christmas projects. Today I finished up our new Christmas Tree Skirt. I'm really pleased with how it looks. This project really taught me the importance of keeping my seam allowances constant!
I used the 10 degree wedge ruler and a free pattern that I found here: http://www.sulky.com/project/treeskirt/ I modified it some - I'm not really a ruffle kind of girl, so I added a row instead. I also increased the number of colors but at the same time decreased them into color-coordinated groups so the spiral would be more pronounced. I saw a picture of one made like mine on the web and figured out my modifications from that.
Anyway - here it is. Thanks for looking!
Spiral Christmas Tree Skirt