Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: The things I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    What an awesome quilt!
    Somewhere the story of this quilt should be written down, show the receiver much, much later so he won't feel any guilt over your making it, and include it with the quilt. It's quite a tale that someone would love to hear about this quilt "someday".

Good job!

Jan in VA
    Jan is right here. Tell the story some how and give it to him after he hs had time to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by dilyn View Post
    The quilt is just beautiful! I, too tried to beat a deadline this year but did not quite complete my project. still putting in the hours of a king sized quilt. Maybe by New Year's?
    Seems that we quilters have great expectations when it comes to making what I call an "emergency quilt" for someone who is in need of comfort. Three weeks before Christmas, just as I was exhaling from finally finishing a nine month project, I heard of a coworker in my daughter's office who was going to have to go to MD Anderson for experimental treatment. I knew right then that she needed a quilt from her coworkers to carry along with her. Well, what I had planned on being a 3-day project (not that I had ever done one in that short a time before) ended up being a three week project. I pillowcased it and tied it, praying with every knot. She went to Houston and I delivered it to the office the day before she returned. She did visit the office the following day and received her quilt. So she did received it for Christmas.Whew!

Your quilt design is great. And I love the colors. I had done turquoise and browns. Your pattern is a lot more intricate. I had used the D9P. I find it the go to pattern for me when I am in a crunch. One day I will try your pattern.
    One step at a time, always forward.

I really like that pattern, have it bookmarked to make a quilt (someday), but I never would have been able to do it under pressure like you did!

Great job! Thanks for sharing.
    May Everyone have a Blessed and Bountiful 2012..Teresa

I can relate to the string of problems you have had. My heart goes out to you. I seem to experience ing a string of them myself. Love your quilt, and congratulations on getting it completed

It is beautiful and you did a great job..Isn't it wonderful how God uses us and our quilting to touch other people?

Blog Entries
    Bless your heart! Your love and caring for this man's heartache tells us what a wonderful and compassionate lady you are..

What a fantastic quilt and although sad, loved that you added the story. Wishing them all well.
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    An heirloom is in the eye of the quilt-holder! the stuff you accumulate? - takes looking after!
    A mighty mouse w a marshmallow heart, defender of underdogs, cheese brings parties together
    HUGGIES! ttfn

Fantastic quilt and such a lovely gesture. It is always hard to lose a loved one especially someone young. I wish your hubby's boss all the best. Thank you for sharing.
    Patchwork Crazy!!!

Very, very pretty. I am sorry that such a young person has lost their life.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10