View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 02:15 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by dilyn View Post
The quilt is just beautiful! I, too tried to beat a deadline this year but did not quite complete my project. still putting in the hours of a king sized quilt. Maybe by New Year's?
Seems that we quilters have great expectations when it comes to making what I call an "emergency quilt" for someone who is in need of comfort. Three weeks before Christmas, just as I was exhaling from finally finishing a nine month project, I heard of a coworker in my daughter's office who was going to have to go to MD Anderson for experimental treatment. I knew right then that she needed a quilt from her coworkers to carry along with her. Well, what I had planned on being a 3-day project (not that I had ever done one in that short a time before) ended up being a three week project. I pillowcased it and tied it, praying with every knot. She went to Houston and I delivered it to the office the day before she returned. She did visit the office the following day and received her quilt. So she did received it for Christmas.Whew!

Your quilt design is great. And I love the colors. I had done turquoise and browns. Your pattern is a lot more intricate. I had used the D9P. I find it the go to pattern for me when I am in a crunch. One day I will try your pattern.