Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tired of Pinwheels!!

Blog Entries
    I will be glad when this one is finished, because I am already tired of pinwheels! (LOL)

I have been trying to finish old WIP's (aka UFO's) lately, and as I was digging through my bins, I found a bunch of fabric I had cut into strips for a Turning 20 (I think!). I had also sewn some of the strips together (some sets of 2 narrow strips, and some with 1 wide and 1 narrow strip).

Not only can I not find the pattern now, but I was not THAT wild about it anyway, so I figured I would play around a little and see what other way I could use these strips. There must be a pattern similar to this design somewhere in the world of quilting, but this was not looking at any pattern, just playing around.

It is laid out on my King size bed. 6 of the pinwheels are actually assembled, the rest are just laid out. I have at least one more combination of these fabrics that I could make, but not sure if I really want to make a quilt this big (even considering breaking it down into 2-3 lap quilts!)

Anyway... enough with the "novel" of an explanation! Here are some pic's of my current WIP.

up close #1
    Name:  Attachment-176828.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  91.4 KB

up close #2
    Name:  Attachment-176829.jpe
Views: 35
Size:  89.4 KB

"big picture"
    Name:  Attachment-176830.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  67.7 KB

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    It's beautiful!!! Love the colors and you did a great job on it!

I love this quilt! The colors are beautiful and I really like what you've done without a pattern. ;)

I like it!!!!

These colors are beautiful together. I like the way you have it layed out.

Beautiful! Love your colors! Isn't it fun to play with blocks! You never know what you'll end up with.

Blog Entries
    I love those colors. To be honest, after reading that you were tired of pinwheels...I had to look hard to find any! Then it became clear in your second photo. Keep it up, you are doing great.

Blog Entries
    Love these colors together. If you are tired of this quilt send it my way. It's my kind of quilt:)

These are great! Love the colors! :)

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the kind words!!! I do love the fabrics, and I am quite pleased with the way it is turning out. However, I need a boost from you all to get back to trimming the blocks then assembling all those pinwheels!

On another note, I had thought about sashing the blocks (maybe with black), but when I had a few of them up on my design wall without sashing, I decided I like this look. What do you all think... to sash, or not to sash?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast