Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Top done, but odd size?

Blog Entries
    Yes, a black border would be perfect. If you need to make it longer just do the top and bottom border bigger than the sides. If you need it larger add a thin lime green strip between two wider black strips. I think that would be very striking. Your quilt is beautiful!
    Helen T.

I think this beautiful quilt is perfect for a tv watching quilt. I wouldn't change a thing on it.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Quote Originally Posted by Tweety2911 View Post
    Yes, a black border would be perfect. If you need to make it longer just do the top and bottom border bigger than the sides. If you need it larger add a thin lime green strip between two wider black strips. I think that would be very striking. Your quilt is beautiful!
    I like the idea of the lime strip between the dark borders. It provides a place for the eyes to rest, as the quilt is quite busy.

That's just fantastically gorgeous! I'm actually working on a quilt in that pattern right now for my cousin, though in far less stunning colors. Love what you did with it. Really, really nice.

From all the comments I've read, I really like the idea of removing one row and adding to the bottom, and then making a pillow out of the 'odd' (but still gorgeous and perfectly in keeping) square!

I have one that size also, I pull it over me on those especially cold nights

Blog Entries
    I love it! I think if you want to add borders do so. It will still be beautiful with or without.
    Joyce

Blog Entries
    I rarely make a "normal" sized quilt.Leave it as it is and bind.it.Its very pretty

I think all of mine are odd sizes- unless I have followed a pattern without any changes along the way. If you don't want another border, don't bother. I have a few that are on the backs of chairs for the kids to wrap up in while watching TV at night. Or, you have a quick gift when you need it.

Power Poster
    It's a beautiful quilt and I agree with several to add a plain border.

I would definitely add a border. I would do the black. It sure is gorgeous but definitely needs a border.
    DEB CAVAN

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast