Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Top done...

Blog Entries
    This is a quick simple ottoman quilt. I will sandwich and quilt tomorrow.

the dark spots are water drips from my iron
    Name:  Attachment-144439.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  76.8 KB

Very nice. Love the colors.

Power Poster
    neat nice job

Sweet colours!

Ottoman quilt? Quilt you put on the ottoman? For feet to rest on? A good idea for an old piece of something, but I'd hate to put that on my ottoman. It's much too pretty for feet.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyl
    Ottoman quilt? Quilt you put on the ottoman? For feet to rest on? A good idea for an old piece of something, but I'd hate to put that on my ottoman. It's much too pretty for feet.
    Yes, indeed. But what a terrific idea! :thumbup:

Nice colors! I'm picturing a house so full of quilts that even small pieces of furniture get their own...Lot of folks have appliance cozies, that's like a quilt for your toaster.

Blog Entries
    Yup. I put them on my ottoman its fairly new...a year old but no kids at home. I like to change the ottoman quilt every few months. It makes the room look different and keeps the cat hair off of the furniture. I husband does put his feet on it but has socks on no shoes. I like how I can just put it in the washer and dyer and looks like new.

cat hair, I understand that. It is a good idea-we have an ottoman and we have a dog. Dog does not get on furniture or ottoman, but we still get his hair on upholstered furniture. I vacuum daily-between his hair and my threads tracked thru the house it needs it. My future holds an ottoman quilt now. I would imagine that you have several of these that you switch. Christmas, Valentines, Fall etc.?

Blog Entries
    No, but that is a great idea!!! I normally use left over prints. But since we really do like it and it is seen everyday I am going to start getting more creative. It really does change the look of the room. We have a biege couch, extra large chair and ottoman. I like the holiday ideas but use it only for the week of. Then change them to the current season (summer, spring, Fall and Winter)ottoman quilts. I am going to start doing them monthly and donate them once the month to the Animal shelter. I also have a wall hanging with a quilt that I would also like to match with the ottoman. This is going to keep me busy. Love it...another fun project. I may even change them weekly....like a flower vase. My mind is rolling....
    cat hair, I understand that. It is a good idea-we have an ottoman and we have a dog. Dog does not get on furniture or ottoman, but we still get his hair on upholstered furniture. I vacuum daily-between his hair and my threads tracked thru the house it needs it. My future holds an ottoman quilt now. I would imagine that you have several of these that you switch. Christmas, Valentines, Fall etc.?