Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trying to figure size/shape

Blog Entries
    Very pretty blocks! I like the idea of adding sashing too. You could do the sashing in the same fabric as the background, which would just put a little more space between the blocks. Then you could add borders. I like the look of at least 2 borders, a small inner border and larger outer border.

I haven't worked with Batiks alot, but my friends have told me to use lots of spray starch to help with it stretching.

No matter how you decide to finish it, it will be beautiful. I love the layout you have now.
    God, Wonderful Family, Great Health, Awesome Friends, Quilting & Chocolates - - What more could a girl be blessed with!!

Vat
    You could make one more row (three more blocks) longer and to make it a little wider you could add sashing and corner stones, which I think would be nice and add a little more interest than just sewing the blocks together.

Blog Entries
    I like ideas to
    add to the side or/and add sashing!

New Pics (With Sashing)

Ok, I auditioned the sashing. Yes or no? Also did the cornerstones. I've never done sashing, though I imagine it's much like doing a border??? But I canNOT figure out how I would do cornerstones, but I don't know if I like them anyways.

First picture is the original
    Second with sashing
    Third with cornerstones (I keep wanting to call them bullets. lol)
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Kim

Wife to the love of my life. Mom to a Marine, a college student, an 12 year old 'surprise blessing', two Bichon Maltese brothers, and 3 kitties.

I don't have an answer for you other to say that your random piecing looks great and the blocks are so pretty! Nice job!

P.S. I kinda like the "bullets"..lol (you must also be a clerical person..lol)

Lol. Not clerical specifically, but a part time teacher assistant. I suppose you you have a point though. Lololol

Quote Originally Posted by SUZAG View Post
    I don't have an answer for you other to say that your random piecing looks great and the blocks are so pretty! Nice job!

P.S. I kinda like the "bullets"..lol (you must also be a clerical person..lol)
    Kim

Wife to the love of my life. Mom to a Marine, a college student, an 12 year old 'surprise blessing', two Bichon Maltese brothers, and 3 kitties.

Yes! Go with four more on the sides to make a square and DO NOT overlook the starching. You will be amazed at how much better the fabric behaves for you. (I think the background color sashing is fine but not with cornerstones as I think they detract from your blocks) Great quilt!

I like the 3rd pic with sashing and cornerstones. Be careful when ironing batiks, especially when you have points and bias cuts. Using spray water or starch helps. Try not to pull on them too much. It's going to be such a pretty quilt!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast