Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Trying to figure size/shape >

Trying to figure size/shape

Trying to figure size/shape

Old 11-08-2011, 10:07 AM

I TOTALLY didn't realize that batiks were so temperamental! lol. If I had, I'd have gone with the cotton. BUT it's nearly done so I'll keep on truckin'..... Okay so I WILL do the sashing, but not the cornerstones. I agree that it detracts from the main blocks, which for me are why I picked this pattern. PLUS, I've never done them, and I can't wrap my brain around HOW to add them. I know it can't be hard, but at this point I don't want to attempt it. SO, thanks everyone for the help! I'll post a picture when I'm done!!!! Oh, and I'm thinking.... since all my pieces were 2 1/2"..... should I cut the sashing the same and keep it uniform that way, or should I make it bigger... or smaller? lol
Old 11-08-2011, 10:11 AM

yayaquilts...... My son is in the process of getting divorced (he's 21 and in the Marines... his wife cheated.... story of a military man imo) but anyways..... when he and his wife met she had a 5 month old daughter (who is now 3 1/2). She started calling me YaYa one day and it stuck. LOVE being a YaYa!!!!!! Sad that we lose her now that they're divorcing and she's not my sons daughter, but I hope to stay YaYa when my kids have kids of their own!