Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Two more quilts finally finished and one on the way! >

Two more quilts finally finished and one on the way!

Two more quilts finally finished and one on the way!

Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 AM

Default Two more quilts finally finished and one on the way!

P

Here are some pics of the three quilts, two are finished. The fish quilt is first, I made it for my son. It feels fantastic and so comfortable and the thing is I purchased two nice polyester blankets from Goodwill [2 bucks], sewed them together and used them for batting. With appliqueing and hand quilting the middle it was the hardest and took the longest. It will fit a regular bed nicely.
The second one is called a scrappy Chevron and will fit a twin bed. I made it for my daughter's husband's niece who is 13 now. I hope she likes it. I got the pattern online somewhere and just loved it. I quilted it by machine. The stitching isn't perfect but at least I didn't get any puckers in it.
The third quilt is one I am in the process of making for my great nephew and his future wife for a wedding present. I just glued it together today [with good old Elmer's school glue] and will be straight line quilting it by machine. I will quilt the boarders separately. I am thinking of appliqueing hearts all up and down the middle in a winding fashion from one corner to the opposite corner starting out with small hearts on the corners and ending up with larger ones in the middle. I probably will lay them out first to make sure they look ok that way.
Oh, by the way, that is my four year old grandson you see helping to hold up my quilts for me. He was a big help. lol
Attached Thumbnails fish-quilt-3-.jpg   fish-quilt-1-.jpg   fish-quilt-2-.jpg   chevron-1-.jpg   chevron-2-.jpg  

chevron-3-.jpg   weddingquilt.jpg   weddingquilt2.jpg   quilts.jpg  
Old 05-16-2013, 09:47 AM

Great quilts! They are all wonderful! AND Your grandson is so cute!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:02 AM

All lovely quilts, but I like the 2nd one. I'm going to have to try quilt with white in it. Yours is so nice. Cute grandson.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:04 AM

Thanks. He is such a sweetheart. He had to go outside and 'work' on my fence with his play tools so he couldn't help anymore. lol
Old 05-16-2013, 10:10 AM

The quilts are so pretty! I really like the scrappy Chevron.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

nicely done
Old 05-16-2013, 11:12 AM

All them are beautiful including your grandson. What a big helper.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Power Poster

beautiful quilts
Old 05-16-2013, 11:39 AM

Your grandson is doing a great job helping you hold up the quilts. Love the chevron, and especially your quilting. Looks hard!!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:34 PM

Actually the Chevron was the easiest of the three, so far. I don't anticipate the strip quilt to be too hard to finish. My sister is going to help me with it. Hopefully it will go pretty fast. The wedding is in August but I have another quilt to make for a dear friend who has been hinting around for some time now, lol He is a man and I decided to make him a homespun, old-fashioned snowball quilt for the regular antique bed of his. I saw one on pinterest and it seemed to fit his personality to a tee. I have most of the blocks cut out already and can't wait to get started on it. I am going to use the QAYG method on it except today I am taking a break from all the hard work I have been doing these past few months. Feels good not to be at the machine, or hand sewing, or appliqueing for a change.