Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 AM
ailene

Default Two more quilts finally finished and one on the way!

P

Here are some pics of the three quilts, two are finished. The fish quilt is first, I made it for my son. It feels fantastic and so comfortable and the thing is I purchased two nice polyester blankets from Goodwill [2 bucks], sewed them together and used them for batting. With appliqueing and hand quilting the middle it was the hardest and took the longest. It will fit a regular bed nicely.
The second one is called a scrappy Chevron and will fit a twin bed. I made it for my daughter's husband's niece who is 13 now. I hope she likes it. I got the pattern online somewhere and just loved it. I quilted it by machine. The stitching isn't perfect but at least I didn't get any puckers in it.
The third quilt is one I am in the process of making for my great nephew and his future wife for a wedding present. I just glued it together today [with good old Elmer's school glue] and will be straight line quilting it by machine. I will quilt the boarders separately. I am thinking of appliqueing hearts all up and down the middle in a winding fashion from one corner to the opposite corner starting out with small hearts on the corners and ending up with larger ones in the middle. I probably will lay them out first to make sure they look ok that way.
Oh, by the way, that is my four year old grandson you see helping to hold up my quilts for me. He was a big help. lol
Attached Thumbnails fish-quilt-3-.jpg   fish-quilt-1-.jpg   fish-quilt-2-.jpg   chevron-1-.jpg   chevron-2-.jpg  

chevron-3-.jpg   weddingquilt.jpg   weddingquilt2.jpg   quilts.jpg