Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do with your quilts?

Blog Entries
    I just love making baby quilts. I find the bright color fabrics of today very uplifting and I find lots of happiness in sewing them together.
    My question - What do you do with all your finished baby quilts? There are just so many that can be given as gifts. I started donating to the Linus Project, however, I put too much money and effort into them to just donate all of them. I tried selling on Ebay and Etsy, but with all the competition, I can't even find my own quilts listed.
    I tried a local Co-op on a busy holiday weekend, but no takers.

I have reduced my prices to just cover the cost of supplies which amounts to about $25-30 per quilt. What do most of you quilters do to find homes for your happy quilts?
    Attached Images Attached Images      

There are some fun ways to donate quilts. Once a year, I donate to the church auction. It is a blast watching people bid for the quilt.

Last month I placed an ad on Craig's list for vintage hand crocheted doilies I inherited & was selling. Within 20 minutes a got a reply from someone who turned out to be a neighbor 2 streets over. She came to my house & ended up buying a quilt. Having a garage sale today & sold 2 quilts already at an early viewing last evening. Life is sometimes just an accident or the unexpected.

Blog Entries
    Your quilts are exquisite! Your choice of patterns and colors are just beautiful. You must be a long-time quilter to produce such beautiful masterpieces.

However, at a garage sale, people are looking for bargains. What can you charge for one quilt to at least
    re-coup the cost of making it?

Beautiful quilts and a very good buy.

Love your quilts. Need to know the pattern for the first one. Is it a Bargello? Where might I find the pattern? It's very, very eye catching.

I would try to find a place that would let me put them there on Consignment. Last weekend, I found a shop and a state lodge that had quilts for sale and they said they were there on consignment. Places are out there. Prices was what I expected for handmade quilts too.

Set up a booth at an Art and Craft show.

Your quilts are very nice!! Have you tried a Farmer's Market in your area, they take crafts as well. Not as much commitment and $$ as a craft show.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilts! Have you tried Etsy or Ebay. It easy to do and they both have high volumes of buyers. Just pm if you like.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast