Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What do you think can be made out of these.......... >

What do you think can be made out of these..........

What do you think can be made out of these..........

Old 03-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Izy

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement, the mini's are not perfect by any means, and I am not being too hard on myself with this quilt, what will be will be is what I am thinking :lol:

Rhonda, I love your work, and your website is amazing,you inspire me so much, I intend really soon to get on and hand piece a miniature..something, not sure what yet lol!!. I will find out where I got the pattern from and let you know :D
Old 03-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by k3n
Izy, those are fantabulous!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Gorgeous! How can you be so precise so tiny? I think when precision was being allocated, you got my share! :lol:

K x
K are you due a trip to Specsavers....they are FAR from perfect, BUT I am happy with them lol, some of the blocks I just adlib, and stitched the strips as they were 'wonky', no pattern just got on with it as long as the colours looked right next to each other thats all I have given any thought to really, if a pattern catches my eye, then I try and make it, I don't like the bird house, that ones too 'boring' so will find another one tee hee!!

Foundation piecing is definitely the way for precision, although it takes abit of getting used to, and I have been doing my fair share of rippppppppppppppping and cusssssssssssssssssing :roll: :lol: :shock: :D
Old 03-18-2009, 11:48 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Izy
K are you due a trip to Specsavers....they are FAR from perfect, BUT I am happy with them lol, some of the blocks I just adlib, and stitched the strips as they were 'wonky', no pattern just got on with it as long as the colours looked right next to each other thats all I have given any thought to really, if a pattern catches my eye, then I try and make it, I don't like the bird house, that ones too 'boring' so will find another one tee hee!!

Foundation piecing is definitely the way for precision, although it takes abit of getting used to, and I have been doing my fair share of rippppppppppppppping and cusssssssssssssssssing :roll: :lol: :shock: :D
I think I was just blown away by the colours and range of patterns but I didn't see any wonkies! But then I think we're always most critical of our own work! I've never done foundation piecing - on the list to try one day.... :D

k x
Old 03-18-2009, 11:49 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Have checked I'm wearing my specs not Hans (!) and looked again with nose pressed to screen - still pretty darn perfect to me!

K x
Old 03-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Izy

Did I tell you lately that I love you???????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-18-2009, 11:54 AM

Izy these are great! It's hard to get a feel for how small they really are - how about a picture of a few blocks with your hand next to them?! :D
Old 03-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Izy

Errmmm, might choose something else like a rotary cutter, been working in the garden for the last few weeks and it shows lol!! Will see what I can do for you Mama!!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:57 AM

OH MY Izy

They are Ab Fab - I spy some of my fabrics in there. Amazing how you've managed to coordinate everything. I love the LC block - did you say it was on quilterscache. I am currently making a quilt for my MIL using 12" different blocks - I'll have to visit the site.

Thanks again for sharing your one talented girl :wink:

Tisha
Old 03-18-2009, 12:01 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Izy
Did I tell you lately that I love you???????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D :D :D :D :D

K x
Old 03-18-2009, 12:02 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Izy
Errmmm, might choose something else like a rotary cutter, been working in the garden for the last few weeks and it shows lol!! Will see what I can do for you Mama!!
I'll show you mine if you show me yours! :lol: Got a splinter today in my thumb off those raised beds and my first thought was oh thank goodness not a sewing finger! :D

K x