Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think can be made out of these..........

WOW Izy it's beautiful! And yes it's fun to spot some familiar fabrics. :thumbup:
    More on the way too!

OMG Izy!!!! Those are fantastic!!!!!! For scaps, the colors are so amazingly coordinated!!!!! It is going to be a gorgeous quilt!!!! :D

Izy, you play with scraps so nicely! They're all beautiful! Keep going!

Blog Entries
    As a miniaturist I love what you have done! My first thought was finally someone else who does something like what I do! Lots of good ideas I want to try. I love the tulip. I make bookmarks and I might try to fit one into a bookmark.

Where did you get the directions for a 6" mariner's compass? Always wanted to make one but I don't like paper piecing so I haven't tried. I do have a "Block" I make that allows for something similar just not as intricately disected into as many points. It would make a beautiful hot pad! I make a lot! of hot pads. So I am always translating what I see into that format. If I have to try paper piecing I might be tempted for this block.

I know what you mean about throwing away only slivers. I do that too. A lady saved scraps for me from a quilt she made and they were 1/2"-3/4" wide. I made her a checkbook cover and a coin purse by strip piecing them and cutting out blocks from the joined strips just to prove I could. It was fun to challenge myself like that. I use a scant 1/8"- scant 1/4" seam allowance on something like that.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Izy, those are fantabulous!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Gorgeous! How can you be so precise so tiny? I think when precision was being allocated, you got my share! :lol:

K x

Izy
    Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement, the mini's are not perfect by any means, and I am not being too hard on myself with this quilt, what will be will be is what I am thinking :lol:

Rhonda, I love your work, and your website is amazing,you inspire me so much, I intend really soon to get on and hand piece a miniature..something, not sure what yet lol!!. I will find out where I got the pattern from and let you know :D

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Izy, those are fantabulous!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Gorgeous! How can you be so precise so tiny? I think when precision was being allocated, you got my share! :lol:

K x
    K are you due a trip to Specsavers....they are FAR from perfect, BUT I am happy with them lol, some of the blocks I just adlib, and stitched the strips as they were 'wonky', no pattern just got on with it as long as the colours looked right next to each other thats all I have given any thought to really, if a pattern catches my eye, then I try and make it, I don't like the bird house, that ones too 'boring' so will find another one tee hee!!

Foundation piecing is definitely the way for precision, although it takes abit of getting used to, and I have been doing my fair share of rippppppppppppppping and cusssssssssssssssssing :roll: :lol: :shock: :D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    K are you due a trip to Specsavers....they are FAR from perfect, BUT I am happy with them lol, some of the blocks I just adlib, and stitched the strips as they were 'wonky', no pattern just got on with it as long as the colours looked right next to each other thats all I have given any thought to really, if a pattern catches my eye, then I try and make it, I don't like the bird house, that ones too 'boring' so will find another one tee hee!!

Foundation piecing is definitely the way for precision, although it takes abit of getting used to, and I have been doing my fair share of rippppppppppppppping and cusssssssssssssssssing :roll: :lol: :shock: :D
    I think I was just blown away by the colours and range of patterns but I didn't see any wonkies! But then I think we're always most critical of our own work! I've never done foundation piecing - on the list to try one day.... :D

k x

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Have checked I'm wearing my specs not Hans (!) and looked again with nose pressed to screen - still pretty darn perfect to me!

K x

Izy
    Did I tell you lately that I love you???????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    Izy these are great! It's hard to get a feel for how small they really are - how about a picture of a few blocks with your hand next to them?! :D

Izy
    Errmmm, might choose something else like a rotary cutter, been working in the garden for the last few weeks and it shows lol!! Will see what I can do for you Mama!!

OH MY Izy

They are Ab Fab - I spy some of my fabrics in there. Amazing how you've managed to coordinate everything. I love the LC block - did you say it was on quilterscache. I am currently making a quilt for my MIL using 12" different blocks - I'll have to visit the site.

Thanks again for sharing your one talented girl :wink:

Tisha

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Did I tell you lately that I love you???????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
    :D :D :D :D :D

K x

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Errmmm, might choose something else like a rotary cutter, been working in the garden for the last few weeks and it shows lol!! Will see what I can do for you Mama!!
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours! :lol: Got a splinter today in my thumb off those raised beds and my first thought was oh thank goodness not a sewing finger! :D

K x

Izy
    Ouch...well my arms are scratched to boogery been hacking back bushes with big thorns...I think the bush won!! :D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Ouch...well my arms are scratched to boogery been hacking back bushes with big thorns...I think the bush won!! :D
    OK - you oneupmanshiped my pathetic little splinter! :lol:

K x

Izy
    Nah, I am prone to exageration according to John....just a couple of tiny scratches...but I have VERY sensitive skin.... :lol:

Blog Entries
    I'm writing a tutorial for a cell phone case if you're interested....

Izy
    Now THAT sounds tempting, great idea, I would love to have a go :D

It's already warming up alot so quilting big pieces is a no no, so I usually try and find some hand piecing that I can sit in the shade and sew, so when you have the tute ready I would love to have a go, yes please :D

I am loving all your blocks!! The colors are so vibrant!! Beautiful work.. .

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Nah, I am prone to exageration according to John....just a couple of tiny scratches...but I have VERY sensitive skin.... :lol:
    in my experience (more than I'd care to admit to :lol: :wink: ) men are far bigger wimps than women!

K x

Blog Entries
    oh

my

GOSH!!!!!!!!

beyond awesome!!!!!

:thumbup: x infinity

Your blocks are spectacular. Your quilt will be awesome. Can't wait to see it completed.

Every block is just awesome!!! How do you do it??? :mrgreen:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast