Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: What a Mess!

Live and learn is the lesson. Cutting, scant 1/4", and squaring up are all very important. We have all had to learn this the hard way.

I had a real mess one time when I had no idea and did not square up my blocks before putting it together and would you believe it was with a Roman Square !!!! yikes what a mess. Then to boot I tried applique of tulips in center !!! Then my daughter thought I shrunk it when it was actually a wall quilt !!! LOL LOL LOL I just love quilting !!! Enjoy

Oh, no! You've received some good tips!! I for one, would be no help. I'm "unsewing" this weekend and resewing with my new 1/4 in piecing foot!! Yuck! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by stpatmom
    Well, I like the colors! what if you took the rows apart and then off set them? Make it look like you meant to do that! I'm sure you'll figure something out. This board has some great ideas, give it a few minutes and you'll have a ton of ideas!
    I like this idea. Use your sashing fabric in front of some rows and at the end on the others (like all odd rows end with extra plain and the even rows have the extra at the front then put the same color around it all for a border.

OK - I'll throw my two cents in...

I see the issues with alignment and the rows etc... but are the center triangles supposed to be mis-matching in terms of the darker triangles (I don't know what pattern you are using)?

That was actually the first thing I noticed before even the misalignment and length issues etc... in any event I still like colors very much and believe it is very much salvageable no matter which direction you may choose. I'd buy it :-D as it is very pretty still.

Remember, both art and beauty remains in the eye of the beholder, and there also seems to be a concensus here that we all like it!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
    - The Creative Seamstress

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Latrinka
    Hope ya'll get a good laugh at this one, all I could do was laugh! Oh well, can't be nothin but better next time! Ya think someone can love this?! LOL!
    You could always take the rows apart and turn it into several table runners.

Blog Entries
    The blocks are pretty. Making mistakes is how we learn. I'm still learning after many years.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4