Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild Wagon Wheels

This is one of the quilts I have been working on this winter. The wheels are all sewed together, but now I am working on the embellishments and attaching the wheels to the squares.

The centers are silk flowers that are taken apart. I put Fray Check on them and sewed them down with a straight stitch. I put rick rack around the edge of the wheels. I managed to find 16 different colors in both the daisies and the rick rack, in different sizes. So this quilt is going to be a RIOT of color. It took a while to find all those colors, which of course, was half the fun.

I have been lazy about working on it the past few weeks. I have to redo the one with the black flower in the middle because I somehow moved it while I was sewing it, so it's not centered.

Anyway, it's nice and springy, and I thought if I showed pictures, I might be inspired to finish it!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Very cool. Bernina has a nifty cirular stitching tool that would have been awesome for this project. I don't own it, but I've seen videos..

Thank you! I'll have to Google that. I have a Bernina 430 and wouldn't mind making another one of these in a different color scheme.

ETA- I think you need the embroidery attachment and I don't have that... yet! :0)

Beautiful work, and soooo colorful.

That looks awesome!

Oh how fun!!! I love your fabric choices and embellishments. Thanks for sharing. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa T
    Thank you! I'll have to Google that. I have a Bernina 430 and wouldn't mind making another one of these in a different color scheme.

ETA- I think you need the embroidery attachment and I don't have that... yet! :0)

Nope no embroidery attachment needed. It just hooks on to your stitch plate and allows you to stitch perfect circles.

SWEET!!!! :thumbup:

Ditter

Wonderful. I like the idea of using the flowers for the centers. Really makes the quilt!

Beautiful :thumbup:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast