Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Yosemite wall hanging

I decided to do a yosemite wall hanging after visiting there last year.. finally got started on it. The pattern is so confusing. so scrapped that a while ago... and just using the general outline of things.. have not figured out the easy way to transfer the pattern shape to my fabric.. so just cut as i go ..The water fall is too white here.. and looking for some suggestions... maybe painting ? There is much more to go on this it is a work in progress. I don't look forward to sewing around this tree either !!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Beautiful-I love it. I think you are on the right track. Perhaps find some waterfall material and use it instead of the white?
    There is a great surf type fabric at Favorite Fabrics.
    I love it though-beautiful work!!
    Hugs
    April

Blog Entries
    The white on the waterfall makes it look like snow...I'd go with some blues or something looking like water...you're doing a nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts
    The white on the waterfall makes it look like snow...I'd go with some blues or something looking like water...you're doing a nice job!
    Yeah I originally had a blue/ white combo and the pattern said white.. so I listened ;*(>> I am wondering if I can paint wash it now? can't remove it at this point but I also have some fabric that is white with a little blue.. and maybe add some metallic stitching? Waterfall fabric that sounds interesting must go check..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    The waterfall is in two pieces on the pattern. I would use two different fabrics, since waterfalls look differently whether seen up close or farther distant. You could use the white for the closer, where the water would be frothier and look for something hazier for the upper part.

OH my that favorite fabrics website will keep me shopping for hours !! NICE

Quote Originally Posted by b.zang
    The waterfall is in two pieces on the pattern. I would use two different fabrics, since waterfalls look differently whether seen up close or farther distant. You could use the white for the closer, where the water would be frothier and look for something hazier for the upper part.
    Great idea !!

Quote Originally Posted by janice4
    Quote Originally Posted by b.zang
    Great idea !!
    do you think this one I posted is hazy enough?

What you have done so far is awesome. I think you could paint some blue into the waterfall so it's not so white.

Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    What you have done so far is awesome. I think you could paint some blue into the waterfall so it's not so white.
    Yeah watered down acrylic do you think? that sounds like a cool idea and adds another dimension to the project.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast