Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cutting Table (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cutting-table-t121232.html)

QuiltingMia 05-06-2011 08:10 AM

Does anyone have JoAnn's sew Essentials, cutting table? How do you like it or what have you heard about it? I am thinking of getting one but would like to know if it is worth the money! I do have a 50% coupon I can use on it, I think!

Dingle 05-06-2011 08:18 AM

I don't have that table but it is on sale right now for $69.99 so you can't use your coupon. A lot of members have made their own. Mine is made out of a hollow core door. I like it because it's bigger. I have room to set things to the side without it being in the way when I cut. I also made my own irioning board almost as big as the table. It leans against the wall on the table so when I need to press all I have to do is lay it down. When I need to cut I lean it back against the wall.

Kappy 05-06-2011 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Dingle
I don't have that table but it is on sale right now for $69.99 so you can't use your coupon. A lot of members have made their own. Mine is made out of a hollow core door. I like it because it's bigger. I have room to set things to the side without it being in the way when I cut. I also made my own irioning board almost as big as the table. It leans against the wall on the table so when I need to press all I have to do is lay it down. When I need to cut I lean it back against the wall.

Oh to have the space!!!!

jdiane318 05-06-2011 10:34 AM

I have one of their tables, got it about 5 years ago and it is priceless to me. Simple to put it together, and it folds down when not in use. When I have a big family gathering, I cover it and use as our buffet table for food.
It is sturdy. I can't speak for the ones that are made today but to have a nice table is a great asset to have.

MIJul 05-06-2011 10:41 AM

I've had mine for years and the best feature is that you can fold it down. And I also use it as a buffet table - multi-use - you can't beat that.

Quilter7x 05-06-2011 10:43 AM

I have one too and love it. It can be a little wobbly if you aren't careful, but I'm not trading it for anything!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 05-06-2011 10:45 AM

You might want to do a search here on the board. I seem to remember a thread recently discussing these tables and saying the ones for sale now are not a sturdy as the ones from 5 - 6 years ago. Of course, if Joann's has a good return policy you could always buy one and take it back if it seems shoddy.

Lucky Lady 05-06-2011 10:48 AM

My DH bought me one for my birthday and I absolutely love it!!

greenini 05-06-2011 11:48 AM

Mine is in the living room behind the couch folded down and when I need it I roll it out into the middle of the living room, use it, drop the sides and roll it back. Makes living in 945 sq ft a lot easier for a quilter!

cny_sewer39 05-06-2011 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good Afternoon Every1,

I have the JoAnns cutting table. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!! I only have half of it displayed, but it works cuz my sewing room is a little small, if I had the whole table opened all the way. I have my scrap bin caddy underneath it, along with some items that you can not see in the sewing room picture. My cutting table is underneath a really big window in room. I still have to make curtains for the window. :roll: :roll:

Have a blessed day.

debra

Behind the scrap bin holder is a baby gate (keep 4 yr old out), manual laundry rack, trash can and the Sew Steady Tables (1 for computerized sewing machine & one for my Brother 1034D Serger).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]193839[/ATTACH]