Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's sad about being a quilter... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-sad-about-being-quilter-t158224.html)

HomespunHandmaiden 10-05-2011 11:42 AM

You know what's sad about being a quilter?...No one ever makes quilts for us. I make quilts for other people but no one has ever given me a handmade quilt :(

carmen garcia 10-05-2011 11:46 AM

that is sad but true.

MoanaWahine 10-05-2011 11:47 AM

I feel fortunate to have received one for my Wedding 13 years ago. It has been loved and is showing its age. I also know that the person that made this quilt would not have wanted it any other way. I also received one from my grandmother when I was a teen. This one is also loved very much. I did not quilt at the time when I received either quilt but appreciated both of them very much.

NanaCsews2 10-05-2011 11:47 AM

How true. Plus, I think it is very sad we don't get the time to do everything we want to do. The world of quilting (patterns and fabric)is HUGE!

QuiltQtrs 10-05-2011 11:49 AM

So many fabrics .... so little time.
Am convinced this craft is totally addictive... has anyone gone into rehab?

mmdquilts 10-05-2011 11:49 AM

Yes it is!

feline fanatic 10-05-2011 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltQtrs

Phe! Rehab is for quitters not quilters!

qbquilts 10-05-2011 11:58 AM

Actually, I've been given two. One was twin-size and hand quilted for my bedroom as a teenager - I've still got it, though it's been relegated to my "quilt camp" quilt since I no longer have any twin size bed at home. But I look forward to using it whenever I'm at camp. The other was given to me by my aunt a few years ago. It was one of the first large tops she ever pieced and alsos one of the early ones that she quilted on her long arm. It's not quite twin size and usually stays on my couch, though it gets to go to quilt camp too. I freeze easily when sleeping and love the weight of multiple layers on me :-). She's the one who's responsible for me being a quilter.

HomespunHandmaiden 10-05-2011 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic

Originally Posted by QuiltQtrs

Phe! Rehab is for quitters not quilters!

haha

gramajo 10-05-2011 12:00 PM

My DD has given me several wallhangings & also cross-stitched framed pictures. They've all been Santa/Christmas related.

I had a thought of making a tshirt quilts from a lot of my old shirts. I'd cut some of the panels. They were just in a pile in my sewing room for a lonnng time. She finally took them, saying she was tired of looking at them :lol: . I've given her some more of my olds tees since then. We shall see what we shall see. :D