Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What did you make this weekend? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-did-you-make-weekend-t170037.html)

carolaug 11-27-2011 01:25 PM

What did you make this weekend?

The last of our company left last night so this morning I dug through my stash and found my Christmas fabric. I made a quilt top and pillow. I still need to FMQ and bind it. To me it seems very kidish...but my husband loves it. LOL...must be missing the boys when they were young. I tried to post a picture but I kept getting a failure. ; ( I did post it on my blog/website.

butterflies5518 11-27-2011 01:35 PM

Completing the binding on my 2nd Lemon Squeezy pattern in a lap quilt for my aunt. The first was posted last week for my DGS as a twin size. Hoping to post this one tomorrow. Also completing it today cause it is chilly in Houston and need a warm quilt on my lap!

momto5 11-27-2011 02:58 PM

Finished a quilt for my yet-to-be-determined GGK....turned out cute but I despise making baby quilts in yellow and green! Guess we'll know what it is whenit gets here!

memepat 11-27-2011 03:01 PM

Worked on my 1st disappearing 9 patch. I think this will be something I do again. Happy quilting!!!!

Pat M. 11-27-2011 03:10 PM

I made a sweat set for my GD out of fleece, pink of course!

Elise1 11-27-2011 03:25 PM

I started a new quilt with Kaffe Fassett fabrics. The pattern is Spanish Tiles. The gorgeous purple, blue and green fabrics are really making me happy.

sewNso 11-27-2011 03:25 PM

I have 4 daughters. #3 has never put needle to thread almost. i've offered to help teach her many times, but she has never wanted to learn. she called today, and then came over, and with only a few directions she completely made a set of 'cars' curtains for her little boys bedroom. Of course, she took over my good janome, so "I' didn't get anything done today. but it was well worth it. she barely had enough material, so we had to add a border at the top of the curtains. but she hemmed, pressed, set her seams, turned under the long selvage edge, everything herself.
i threaded the machine for her, but she learned the sissors button, the backup, mastered the lifting of the pressure foot by hand. learned about the thread cutter on the side. and used the l/4" foot. sooo proud of her. (this daughter has a college degree, and is a commercial loan officer in a bank) AND she brought her husbands pants, and showed her how to shorten them. she pressed, marked, and measured for accurate lengths, then had him re try them on for good fit, etc. then i did the sewing, cause of the extra thickness of the blue jeans. but she knows how to do it now. maybe.......

Xstitshmom 11-27-2011 04:01 PM

Not a thing -- had family here and was just enjoying them!

johanka 11-27-2011 04:03 PM

We had thanksgiving this week end. Busy Busy Busy :D

mmb195152 11-27-2011 04:06 PM

Christmas cookies with my daughter and granddaughter. LOL