Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you make this weekend?

Blog Entries

What did you make this weekend?

The last of our company left last night so this morning I dug through my stash and found my Christmas fabric. I made a quilt top and pillow. I still need to FMQ and bind it. To me it seems very kidish...but my husband loves it. LOL...must be missing the boys when they were young. I tried to post a picture but I kept getting a failure. ; ( I did post it on my blog/website.

Completing the binding on my 2nd Lemon Squeezy pattern in a lap quilt for my aunt. The first was posted last week for my DGS as a twin size. Hoping to post this one tomorrow. Also completing it today cause it is chilly in Houston and need a warm quilt on my lap!
    Quilting makes me happy!..

Finished a quilt for my yet-to-be-determined GGK....turned out cute but I despise making baby quilts in yellow and green! Guess we'll know what it is whenit gets here!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Worked on my 1st disappearing 9 patch. I think this will be something I do again. Happy quilting!!!!

I made a sweat set for my GD out of fleece, pink of course!

I started a new quilt with Kaffe Fassett fabrics. The pattern is Spanish Tiles. The gorgeous purple, blue and green fabrics are really making me happy.
    "Be brave enough to be who you really are.

Blog Entries
    I have 4 daughters. #3 has never put needle to thread almost. i've offered to help teach her many times, but she has never wanted to learn. she called today, and then came over, and with only a few directions she completely made a set of 'cars' curtains for her little boys bedroom. Of course, she took over my good janome, so "I' didn't get anything done today. but it was well worth it. she barely had enough material, so we had to add a border at the top of the curtains. but she hemmed, pressed, set her seams, turned under the long selvage edge, everything herself.
    i threaded the machine for her, but she learned the sissors button, the backup, mastered the lifting of the pressure foot by hand. learned about the thread cutter on the side. and used the l/4" foot. sooo proud of her. (this daughter has a college degree, and is a commercial loan officer in a bank) AND she brought her husbands pants, and showed her how to shorten them. she pressed, marked, and measured for accurate lengths, then had him re try them on for good fit, etc. then i did the sewing, cause of the extra thickness of the blue jeans. but she knows how to do it now. maybe.......

Not a thing -- had family here and was just enjoying them!

We had thanksgiving this week end. Busy Busy Busy

Christmas cookies with my daughter and granddaughter. LOL

I'm finishing the quilt from Hades. I hate, hate, hate it, and will be glad to see it gone. I have made a solemn vow to only make pretty things for the next decade.

And while I'm on the subject - who chooses a plain white backing!!! Just another thing to make me hate it even more.
    Last edited by Mitch's mom; 11-27-2011 at 04:16 PM.

I made a "shabby chic" skirt for my daughter. She found it on a blog. We have really different tastes but she liked it. I always worry when she has an idea in her mind if what I do will turn out the way she wants. She loved it. Mission accomplished.

I'm in the process of makeing some paper peiced heart blocks that will eventually be worked into a quilt. I also finished up a mini quilt of paper peiced tulip basket blocks, still need sandwiched and quilted. I did get a couple things worked on but since I really don't like the quilting process as much as the peicing maybe someday they will get done. I really need to work on my moms wall hanging for Christams.
    Tammy

Life Is A Banquet and Most Poor Suckers Are Starving!

I made DH a pair of pajama pants, and finished up the quilting of a charity top for my guild.

But lucky me, DH made me a 90 spool.thread rack.

I made a 10 Minute Tablerunner in Christmas fabrics for my older daughter who was here visiting today. Also cut fabric for one for my other daughter (the one I live with.) I had to prewash yesterday because of all the reds so I had to starch and iron before I could cut today. I did grab the runner back before she left and took a pic - not a very good one, I think - but I'll post it tomorrow after I get it downloaded to the computer and resized.
    Pat from Texas

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself."

BMP
    Blog Entries
    LA'd a table runner 6' long, 4 table toppers. 2 wallhangings. did the binding on the 2 wall hangings and a quilt ...

Blog Entries
    What did I make? Turkey, dressing, gravy,macaroni & cheese, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, corn, rolls, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and 4-layer pie. That's all! No time to sew - doggone it!

Blog Entries
    Completed Block 3, Rose of Remberance (digitized by someone else) and started a BATIK D9P (disappearing nine patch) for neighbor. I am really beginning to love batiks!

I am about to finish up 2 more mug rugs that I put together on Friday after my sons left. That makes 7 - need about 10 for gifts for some people at work. Got out some Christmas material for a wall hanging I want to make (it's for me so it may not get done for this Christmas - lol) I also made the front of the house look nice by putting up our Christmas lights. DH and I decided that since we have been blessed with this very surprising warm weather, we should get it done now. First time the lights have been up while it is still November -- and without freezing hands.
    Ginny B

Oh you are a bunch of over-achievers I have had a nasty cold since Thursday morning, so in spite of my good intentions, I didn't get a darn thing done!

Next day off... Thursday! so maybe then I can sew...
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Found an adorable Woodland Christmas panel in a box from a thrift store ... brand new & gorgeous! I'm FMQing it for a wall hanging. Enjoying every moment! Will post pix when it's done!

Blog Entries

Pics of what I did...enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by adnil458 View Post
    Completed Block 3, Rose of Remberance (digitized by someone else) and started a BATIK D9P (disappearing nine patch) for neighbor. I am really beginning to love batiks!
    Pics of what I did...enjoy....hope all will share pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well , Yesterday, I got all the blocks cut and whatever was needed to do for a quilt, which meant sewing a few blocks together for applique' . got all the applique's ironed on and all the blocks in order (per the quilt). Now I have to walk away for a week ..cause I am taking my "girl" into the dealer tomorrow morning for a good cleaning and service ( much needed) and she'll be there for a week.....it's about 85 miles away from here! I am having withdrawals and have been all weekend! I have my little machine but this is an event! Pray for me !
    Those who are piecemakers will sew seeds.

Hugs,
    Drue

Blog Entries
    I worked on a drawing for a holiday table decoration....Crocheted (wash my mouth out !) several preemie hats. Made a tiny crocheted bootie....So tiny....babies are really this small??? Makes me appreciate two healthy, full term boys...Worked on hand-quilting a fall (yes, I am a little behind...Hubbie had surgery last Monday and I been way busy tending to him....) table runner.....Just finished a wueen quilt for ds......

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    I am working on a memorial bed runner of my dad for my brother for Christmas. Came to a hault when I decided I wanted to put a small white border and I do NOT have any white in my stash. Not a color I buy so tomorrow first stop is to the LQS across from my house for some white to continue on with it.
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast