Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Three great improvements to my space (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/three-great-improvements-my-space-t173902.html)

SueSew 12-31-2011 12:28 PM

Three great improvements to my space

2 Attachment(s)
First - the recessed are of desk for the machine - SOOO much more comfortable to sew at and better visibility!!!!

Second - the 6" legs on the ironing/cutting table - no more backbreaking cutting sessions!!!

Third, the design wall - a 5x6 wood frame with cross supports to keep it squared, with fuzzy flannel-like stuff from the home deco dept at Joanns. So much easier to keep the pieces organized!

All from my DH who managed to get it all done in a few days before Christmas!

Of course the room still has the piano and Aunt Grace's old desk and an easy chair because I can't find another place to put them, and the lighting isn't great, and not much storage, and the electrical needs upgrade so I don't blow a fuse when I plus in the space heater....but way better than when I started out quilting this time last year. HURRAH!

athomenow 12-31-2011 12:38 PM

Nice space, you'll really be creating now!

Tartan 12-31-2011 01:37 PM

Do you use the piano? If it is an upright and you don't use it, have someone help and turn it to the wall. The back can have pegboard put on for all your tools and you can store your batts on the keyboard against the wall. The batts are light and won't damage anything. We had to get rid of an old upright at my parents because no one wanted it but I am still sad about it. Your sewing room is looking good! A space of your own is awesome!

Gramkc 12-31-2011 02:39 PM

Wonderful way to start the new year. You have talented DH to do this for you.

lisalovesquilting 12-31-2011 03:22 PM

Love your ironing and cutting table. The quilt on the design wall is very pretty.

judy363905 12-31-2011 03:32 PM

Lovely room... just a question .... do you always have it so organized? .... nice window view also...enjoy your new digs..Happy 2012

Judy in Phx

audsgirl 12-31-2011 03:43 PM

Doesn't it make a big difference when creating is more comfortable? What a great guy your husband is to fix this up for you like this. And as my sister is always saying, "baby steps."

kheliwud 12-31-2011 03:52 PM

Looks awesome! My machine is recessed now too, thanks to my birthday present. Sure makes a huge difference. Thanks for posting!

patimint 12-31-2011 03:58 PM

Love your design wall (pretty rug, too)

Suzanne in VT 01-01-2012 06:45 AM

I love that table! I was just showing my husband and he said he could make me a table (his hobby is woodworking). He asked how your husband was able to recess the machine in so perfectly. Is there something he purchased that dropped down into the hole of the table for the machine to sit on? I own a Janome 6600. Any help you/your husband could offer would be so appreciated.

Thanks,

Suzanne in VT