Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt- Along Wk 33 North Star & New York Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-33-north-star-new-york-photo-page-t198304.html)

Honchey 08-21-2012 05:05 PM

The FWS Pony Club Quilt- Along Wk 33 North Star & New York Photo Page

2 Attachment(s)
I did it...3 weeks in a row I have both blocks for the week done...Yeah!! Are we as a group going to sub blocks for our international buddies' flags??? I think that we should name them also for them. What do you think???
My Blocks...look closely at the red fabric...

oksewglad 08-21-2012 05:20 PM

Anne these are wonderful--especially like the fussy cutting on the NY block. I'm working on these now. I am using the Aussie/kangaroo fabric from QE in the North Star block. Have you checked last week's discussion page. Lots of chatter regarding some substitute blocks.

Honchey 08-21-2012 05:52 PM

Yes, I have read them and think the tulip & frog blocks are cute and would also like to do them...which blocks will be subbed or are we all on our own for that?

oksewglad 08-21-2012 05:56 PM

It was my opinion that it would be on your own. Back to sewing. DH had just interrupted me again. :-)

carriem 08-21-2012 06:17 PM

Honchey--your blocks are both great! I like the floral fabric in North Star and all your fabrics in NY so your support for the troops. :)

oksewglad 08-21-2012 07:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay I am back at it. Cleaning the sewing room was cathartic and sharing what I have gotten done with SIL and DS motivational to get me back on track with the PC as well as FWS and the Barbara Brackman CW blocks that I have started. My North Star took a detour south with the Aussie fabric; USA flags also a "gifted" fabric. NY took on its life with this center eagle (a gifted piece) paired with the red stripes from a certain Japanese fabric. Thanks to all the friends who contributed to these 2 blocks.[ATTACH=CONFIG]357169[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]357170[/ATTACH]

Honchey 08-21-2012 08:15 PM

Oksewglad, I love the way you used the fabrics in these blocks. I had to look several times at North Star to see if it was the same block!!! The red stripe in NY looks veeerry familiar...don't you love the way the fabric changes in the light???

oksewglad 08-21-2012 08:48 PM

Thanks Honchey! We've all said it before how the fabric selection changes the look of a block. Yes and that red is such a beautiful fabric to sew on as well.

JeanieG 08-21-2012 09:19 PM

Oh you gals did a marvelous job on those blocks. I'll redo my North Star and get the NY block done. Back to the sewing machine!!!

mirabelle 08-21-2012 10:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Honchey I love your fabric choices and OK I love the kangaroo, what a great idea
Here are mine for this week, just finished them, hope you like my NY block.