Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thanks for all the advice! Revised pink and Green Arrowhead (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thanks-all-advice-revised-pink-green-arrowhead-t208381.html)

tjk829 12-13-2012 04:57 PM

Thanks for all the advice! Revised pink and Green Arrowhead

1 Attachment(s)
I really loved the pink and white together but decided that I would just never really like it with the floral. I decided to save that pink and white for a different quilt, but it won't go to waste! I changed out the white for a softer green and moved to a more peach color for the other block. The light is a batik recomended by the quilt shop ladies ( I really don't trust my "eye" right now) and paired it with a medium peach color. I like it a lot better, but I still will play around with it some more, I'm just not loving it. Am I making this too hard?

jodimarie 12-13-2012 05:01 PM

LOVE the 2 green color block....not too thrilled with the peachy colored block. Not enough contrast for me but the green sure sings to me!! Don't you just love this block.....I have done several quilts with this block and if you don't use sashing stirps, you get a nice secondary pattern.....try it with a few on your design wall and I think you will like it too!!

Sparkling Lake 12-13-2012 06:09 PM

I agree w/ jodimarie. the green is great but the peachy colored block just doesn't seem to go w/ it. What if you just used the green and maybe sash it with the flowered material?

tjk829 12-13-2012 06:09 PM

I had the same feeling about the peachy one, maybe I should just use the green without the sashing and sneak the peach in with a border. Making this block is a blast, I use the sew first, then cut method and everything fits perfect!

QuiltnNan 12-13-2012 06:11 PM

i like this one much better than the previous one.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 12-13-2012 06:13 PM

The green block is gorgeous! It goes wonderfully with your floral in my opinion. I agree with everyone else about the peachy block. It's not ugly. It's just blah. Keep us up to date on what you do.

hopetoquilt 12-13-2012 06:13 PM

I like this but also liked the white. You should use the other blocks on the backing if you piece the back.

QuiltingVagabond 12-13-2012 06:54 PM

What does the original pink look like with the light pinky blender?

bearisgray 12-13-2012 07:03 PM

My monitor must be off - I don't like the light green with the floral print.

ube quilting 12-13-2012 08:06 PM

I love the block you are making and the greens are perfect. IMHO the peach is not the right color for the floral. If what I see is acurate the floral is more pink than peach so I would do a light pink w/ medium pink block or medium/dark pink block. I do like the light pinkish fabric but the peach is just not right. I would try another pink.
Keep us posted on your choice. I'm anxious to see the progression on this pretty block.
peace