Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   starting on next christmas, anyone else? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/starting-next-christmas-anyone-else-t209657.html)

lynnie 12-30-2012 01:17 PM

starting on next christmas, anyone else?

Went to joanns with some gift cards today. Got a mess of fabs on sale plus 10% more off. Since im not sure of mynext project, and you know christmasis coming and you have to make these gifts anyway, is anyone starting now??????
It never seems to people that yes, its that time ofyear again, so i like to get a jump on it. Hot mitts,strata table runners, and emb. Napkins. Some cute polar fleecemittens and matching mittens. A quilt ortwo for the poor. Some scarves and hats also. Polarfleece atjoanns in the discount bin is $2.00/ yd today. Stock up now.
tell me what you're working on.

snow 12-30-2012 01:25 PM

o Yes I will start for next year.

Jackie Spencer 12-30-2012 01:30 PM

Not me. For the last 4 months I have been working on Christmas and baby shower gifts. Im going to start working on a quilt for my daughter and one for my granddaughter. No pressure and no deadline!

pamesue 12-30-2012 01:51 PM

wow...I can not think of christmas for next year yet! I will wait a week or 2 :-)

Raggiemom 12-30-2012 02:13 PM

Well, I have some ideas in mind for what I want to make. And I did order the fabric to make 2 specific quilts. However, I haven't actually started working on them yet :)

hopetoquilt 12-30-2012 02:21 PM

In the planning stages...

DebraK 12-30-2012 02:44 PM

except for a few ornaments, I don't sew specifically for Christmas.

EasyPeezy 12-30-2012 02:44 PM

I'm still working on my 2012 Christmas project. No, excuse me... my 2010 project. LOL

huntannette 12-30-2012 02:56 PM

Yep.......bought some awesome Christmas fabric on sale yesterday and today......will be working on and off on runners and table topper as well as placemats for myself.....also planned quilts I want to gift next Xmas.....

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 5750433)
Went to joanns with some gift cards today. Got a mess of fabs on sale plus 10% more off. Since im not sure of mynext project, and you know christmasis coming and you have to make these gifts anyway, is anyone starting now??????
It never seems to people that yes, its that time ofyear again, so i like to get a jump on it. Hot mitts,strata table runners, and emb. Napkins. Some cute polar fleecemittens and matching mittens. A quilt ortwo for the poor. Some scarves and hats also. Polarfleece atjoanns in the discount bin is $2.00/ yd today. Stock up now.
tell me what you're working on.

cjsews 12-30-2012 03:44 PM

I was just thinking of what I could make for next year's gifts. I will be heading to Joann's tomorrow to stock up on fabric for table runners and place mats. Maybe a caserole carrier as well. I have to get at it while in the mood. You never know what may strike my fancy and steer me in other directions.