Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   shoe brand, does anyone have these? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/shoe-brand-does-anyone-have-these-t219113.html)

julie 04-14-2013 07:55 AM

shoe brand, does anyone have these?

Yesterday, I was at a store where they sold a shoe brand called Merrell, I think that's the correct spelling. A woman was trying on a pair of sandals, and went on and on about how comfortable they were, that they were very supportive of her arch. I looked at the shoes, and they look very nice, but I didn't try any on for various reasons. Anyway, now that I'm back home again, I'm wondering if any of you have tried these shoes. If you have, do you like them? I have flat feet, so I have to always wear arch supports. These shoes cost upwards of $80, some styles into the $100s. I don't think I've ever paid anywhere near that much for shoes, unless they were work shoes, since I'm on my feet, literally, all day. I heard the sales clerk say the company has only been around about 3 years. Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Susan G. 04-14-2013 08:07 AM

I have never heard of them, but I don't do a lot of shoe shopping. I wear mainly berkies and finns.

OCquilter 04-14-2013 08:15 AM

They have been around forever. They are wonderful. I discovered them when I had plantar fasciitis. Worth the money if you have foot problems plus they are very durable and seem to last for years.

Chasing Hawk 04-14-2013 09:21 AM

Haven't heard of them I usually switch between Skeechers (sp?), Adidas and Vans skate shoes.

My grand kids think it's cool that their Nana wears skate shoes...lol

quilt1950 04-14-2013 09:24 AM

My daughter loves that brand. She has very narrow feet, and some of their styles fit her very well.

julie 04-14-2013 09:48 AM

Thanks for your help. OCquilter and quilt1950, do they run true to size? The store I saw them at is about an hour and a half away, not sure I want to make the drive again so soon. Thought maybe I could order them off the internet. I must have misunderstood the clerk when he said they'd only been in business 3 years, he probably said that's how long the store has been carrying them.

quiltingcandy 04-14-2013 10:04 AM

I started wearing SAS shoes - they are like walking on pillows. I was able to wear them all day, where if I bought the normal shoes, I could barely walk after an hour. I have extremely high arches and now have bone spurs on both heals. The heals don't hurt any more and I haven't needed special orthotics. Also i wear the various good sport shoes - no more $20 - $50.00 pairs of shoes for me.

quilt1950 04-14-2013 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by julie (Post 6000658)
Thanks for your help. OCquilter and quilt1950, do they run true to size? The store I saw them at is about an hour and a half away, not sure I want to make the drive again so soon. Thought maybe I could order them off the internet. I must have misunderstood the clerk when he said they'd only been in business 3 years, he probably said that's how long the store has been carrying them.

My daughter did say that not every shoe is a good fit. But I believe that Zappos has free shipping both directions, so that may be a place to start.

Monika 04-14-2013 10:18 AM

I love Merrill and SAS. I have real problems with shoes. I just gave up trying to buy inexpensive shoes, but now I don't need them very often. I have bad knees so I really need support and comfort.

julie 04-14-2013 10:18 AM

Oh great! I've looked at Zappo's, I'm going to check it out. thanks!