Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   EZ Half Square Triangles! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/ez-half-square-triangles-t237579.html)

Sandygirl 12-28-2013 08:02 AM

EZ Half Square Triangles!

10 Attachment(s)
I usually dread making HSTs but I have been wanting to make a certain project. So, searching this board I went! I have used some of the methods discussed but I hate marking! I was inspired by Rhonda's method. For some reason, my brain went to this direction.

It is quick, no marking, little waste and you can make whatever unfinished size of HST you want-need.

Please ask questions if my directions are not clear.

have fun! Now on to my project!

Sandy

Jo M 12-28-2013 08:08 AM

Thanks for sharing this! I sure don't like making HSTs....I'm going to try this method.

Sandygirl 12-28-2013 08:08 AM

To clarify...if you want your HST to end up 2" "finished". -cut the strips 2" wide.

Your UNFINISHED block will be 2 1/2" .

I wanted my finished block to be 4" so I cut my strips 4". The unfinished block is 4 1/2". Once sewn into the project it will be 4".

sandy

Sandygirl 12-28-2013 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jo M (Post 6478169)
Thanks for sharing this! I sure don't like making HSTs....I'm going to try this method.

Great! You can be my "test" sewer! Enjoy!

i could use a "proof-reader"....sigh....
sandy

SewExtremeSeams 12-28-2013 08:24 AM

Great Sandy! This does look easier. I will try it also.

pojo 12-28-2013 08:29 AM

hi thank you

Tartan 12-28-2013 08:34 AM

Great, clear tutorial! How did you get the cute text boxes in the pictures and load more than 1 picture at a time?

postal packin' mama 12-28-2013 09:24 AM

Wonderful job on the tute!
May I add that if the leftover fabric you see at the end of the strip set isn't quite long enough to cut another HST, it often can still be made into a HST by sewing along the angle at the lower edge, then removing the other stitches & pressing it out (AFTER you verify that it's the right size of course).

Sandygirl 12-28-2013 09:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 6478205)
Great, clear tutorial! How did you get the cute text boxes in the pictures and load more than 1 picture at a time?

From Ipad, I take my pictures, then I use the pics With Words app to add text, then I resize the pictures with Simple Resize app. (480 is the size I use) Then I load the pictures in the order of the tutorial. LAST TO FIRST is the order..then "submit". They load in the order I uploaded them.

It takes a while to learn these apps but they are great once you do! I have attached a pic of the Apps mentioned.

I suggest that as you resize the pictures. Start a separate Album and load them there. Then they dont get lost .
sandy

SewExtremeSeams 12-28-2013 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl (Post 6478281)
From Ipad, I take my pictures, then I use the pics With Words app to add text, then I resize the pictures with Simple Resize app. (480 is the size I use) Then I load the pictures in the order of the tutorial. LAST TO FIRST is the order..then "submit". They load in the order I uploaded them.

It takes a while to learn these apps but they are great once you do! I have attached a pic of the Apps mentioned.

I suggest that as you resize the pictures. Start a separate Album and load them there. Then they dont get lost .
sandy

Thanks, I will have to see if I can do that on my new iPhone?