Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   fabric store (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-store-t254013.html)

vikiyn 09-19-2014 06:05 AM

fabric store

just wondering if any of my quilter friends in southern California have ever gone to the store called M&L fabrics-discount store at 3430 W. Ball Rd. And if you go there are the fabrics good? Being a novice quilter I was amazed at the price! Everything is beautifully piled and most cottons are 2.99 a yard. Has anyone used they're fabrics? Please let me know. Thanks.

yngldy 09-19-2014 06:19 AM

Ohhhhh yes! I have a lot of $$$ and time invested in that store! lol

Jeanne S 09-19-2014 06:59 AM

Lucky you to have a store like that near you!!!

linda8450 09-19-2014 07:33 AM

I moved to Al 5yrs ago and soooo miss M&L! I was there as often as I could go, sort of a second home! I packed and moved many many yards of fabric and have been using it ever since...wish I could get back there! You do have to pay attention to quality of cottons, but they have wonderful luxury fabrics, wools, etc. First run fabrics on bolts are a bit more $$ but stacks are so worth digging in! They are kept pretty neat considering how much is there. Have a wonderful time, check out their laces, bridal accessories, zippers, bias tape and the tool wall!

Sewnoma 09-19-2014 07:44 AM

No, never been there, but I do visit family in So Cal a couple times a year and that sounds like a place worth visiting! Where is it? (What city/town?)

Jennie and Me 09-19-2014 08:26 AM

Just looked at their website...wow! Wish I could go there!

quiltsRfun 09-19-2014 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma (Post 6895299)
No, never been there, but I do visit family in So Cal a couple times a year and that sounds like a place worth visiting! Where is it? (What city/town?)

3430 W. Ball Rd. in Anaheim, near Disneyland. Love that place!

lalaland 09-19-2014 09:11 AM

I moved to WA last year and a friend I met on the board and I went out quilt store hopping yesterday and I told her about M&L - I miss it too! I would often run into ladies in the store who were from different states and came to M&L to do their yearly fabric shopping. They would UPS the fabric home. I may be joining them in the near future!

Jim's Gem 09-19-2014 09:13 AM

Yes, I have been there several times. Trying to figure out when I'm heading down there next. At first I avoided the stacks of flat folds, they pile them too high and too heavy, but..... Now that is where I spend most of my time. You do have to check the quality, some of the flat folds are not too wonderful, but there are gems in there to be found. Problem is, I can't get out of there without spending at least $200 (or more) cause I don't there there very often.

jclinganrey 09-19-2014 10:43 AM

Oh yes! Love M & L. I go there pretty regularly. They carry most of the major names - Moda, Hoffman, Alexander Henry, Kaufman, Riley Blake, Timeless Treasures, etc. etc. etc., and they're in the $5.99 - $10 range. Their flat folds can be a bit daunting as has been mentioned but if you have an idea what you're looking for, you're fine. Great for stocking up of white tone-on-tones & off-white tone-on-tones.

They also have a location in Fountain Valley. It's a little smaller than their Anaheim location but just as great.

Jane