Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
fabric store >

fabric store

fabric store

Old 09-19-2014, 06:05 AM

Smile fabric store

just wondering if any of my quilter friends in southern California have ever gone to the store called M&L fabrics-discount store at 3430 W. Ball Rd. And if you go there are the fabrics good? Being a novice quilter I was amazed at the price! Everything is beautifully piled and most cottons are 2.99 a yard. Has anyone used they're fabrics? Please let me know. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:19 AM

Ohhhhh yes! I have a lot of $$$ and time invested in that store! lol
Old 09-19-2014, 06:59 AM

Lucky you to have a store like that near you!!!
Old 09-19-2014, 07:33 AM

I moved to Al 5yrs ago and soooo miss M&L! I was there as often as I could go, sort of a second home! I packed and moved many many yards of fabric and have been using it ever since...wish I could get back there! You do have to pay attention to quality of cottons, but they have wonderful luxury fabrics, wools, etc. First run fabrics on bolts are a bit more $$ but stacks are so worth digging in! They are kept pretty neat considering how much is there. Have a wonderful time, check out their laces, bridal accessories, zippers, bias tape and the tool wall!
Old 09-19-2014, 07:44 AM

No, never been there, but I do visit family in So Cal a couple times a year and that sounds like a place worth visiting! Where is it? (What city/town?)
Old 09-19-2014, 08:26 AM

Just looked at their website...wow! Wish I could go there!
Old 09-19-2014, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
No, never been there, but I do visit family in So Cal a couple times a year and that sounds like a place worth visiting! Where is it? (What city/town?)
3430 W. Ball Rd. in Anaheim, near Disneyland. Love that place!
Old 09-19-2014, 09:11 AM

I moved to WA last year and a friend I met on the board and I went out quilt store hopping yesterday and I told her about M&L - I miss it too! I would often run into ladies in the store who were from different states and came to M&L to do their yearly fabric shopping. They would UPS the fabric home. I may be joining them in the near future!
Old 09-19-2014, 09:13 AM

Yes, I have been there several times. Trying to figure out when I'm heading down there next. At first I avoided the stacks of flat folds, they pile them too high and too heavy, but..... Now that is where I spend most of my time. You do have to check the quality, some of the flat folds are not too wonderful, but there are gems in there to be found. Problem is, I can't get out of there without spending at least $200 (or more) cause I don't there there very often.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:43 AM

Oh yes! Love M & L. I go there pretty regularly. They carry most of the major names - Moda, Hoffman, Alexander Henry, Kaufman, Riley Blake, Timeless Treasures, etc. etc. etc., and they're in the $5.99 - $10 range. Their flat folds can be a bit daunting as has been mentioned but if you have an idea what you're looking for, you're fine. Great for stocking up of white tone-on-tones & off-white tone-on-tones.

They also have a location in Fountain Valley. It's a little smaller than their Anaheim location but just as great.

Jane