Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
fabric store >

fabric store

fabric store

Old 09-19-2014, 10:45 AM

When my BFF lived in Buena Park I was able to go there twice. I LOVED IT!!! But be warned - wear comfortable shoes, bring water (even if you have to leave it in your car) and your credit card.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
I moved to WA last year and a friend I met on the board and I went out quilt store hopping yesterday and I told her about M&L - I miss it too! I would often run into ladies in the store who were from different states and came to M&L to do their yearly fabric shopping. They would UPS the fabric home. I may be joining them in the near future!
hi, i live east of yakima. my go to for massive fabric shopping is portland .. fabric depot. have met many quilters from around the usa at holiday time shopping at fabric depot since we moved here few years ago. they ship home or bring empty suitcases amd dill up ). prices not as low as the socal store, but they put some fabulous hi quality fabrics on sale at 50 -60% off after xmas. look for aigns that say "manager specials". i got some beautiful cw fabrics last christmas. because of lack of lqs around here, i have taken to stash shopping when we travel.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
3430 W. Ball Rd. in Anaheim, near Disneyland. Love that place!
It isn't near Disneyland, it is near Knotts Berry farm. Knott Avenue (which is behind Knott's) and Ball Road is the intersection it is located on the southeast corner. Jenny has a website so you can see the store. Most of the flat folds are not really that good for using with quilts except the section marked Robert Kaufman. Many discontinued RK prints are for sale at $5.98. Even her normally priced fabric are around $10 to $11. I got to go TWICE when she had her big sale a few months ago when everything in the store was 20% off. I have shopped there for over 25 years. Jenny also has a store located in Huntington Beach called Jenny's Fabric. She took over running M&L when her uncle, the original store owner became ill and eventually died.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
3430 W. Ball Rd. in Anaheim, near Disneyland. Love that place!
Oh, perfect! That's practically right down the street from my relatives - they're in Long Beach, Lakewood & Cerritos. I'm actually really badly overdue for a visit...
Old 09-19-2014, 04:34 PM

I go to San Diego and Orange County, CA at least once a year and I always plan a day at M&L. They have great prices on great fabric. The first time I went there, I was just overwhelmed by the stacks and couldn't focus at all. Now, I just start browsing and I always find great fabrics. I'll be there the end of November and can't wait!
Old 09-19-2014, 08:08 PM

For those who have never been and would like a virtual tour, here is an older post, but I'm sure still applicable:

http://narniamum.blogspot.com/2010/1...tual-tour.html

Old 09-19-2014, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
It isn't near Disneyland, it is near Knotts Berry farm.
Being an out-of-towner, there are only a few places I can find when I'm in Orange County. After I drop my SIL off to work at Disneyland I know I can head down Ball Road to M&L. It seemed pretty close to me. Don't know how to find Knotts Berry Farm.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:47 AM

here is the web site: http://mandlfabricsdiscountstore.com/
Old 09-20-2014, 07:01 AM

I live in Arizona and LOVE M&L! Last time my family went to Disneyland, I got bored with the lines and left them to wait while I went to M&L. I have to be careful tho...I have lots of fabric from there I have not used yet!! It is well worth the trip..
Old 09-20-2014, 07:41 AM

Oh well, too far from FL. Our best bet from up here in boonies are mail order. Ocala is 40+ miles. Gainesville 80 and Tampa 70, and I have never heard of any quilt shops/cloth stores that are great places to shop for material

=