Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Professional tote pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/professional-tote-pattern-t254527.html)

Ellietow 09-29-2014 06:42 AM

Professional tote pattern

I've been wanting to buy the Professional Tote pattern by Creative Thimble... The bags look so nice and professionally made... And today's the day. Quilt in a Day has free shipping with orders of $10 or more, today and tomorrow, and they had 5 copies of the pattern... So, the price was right, and I bought a copy. Hurray!

Nammie to 7 09-29-2014 08:36 AM

You will love this bag. Just a few suggestions -- have ALL your notions before you start sewing. I fused the stabilizer to the fabric then cut out the pieces. I don't like fusing small pieces to other small pieces. Note that not all the pieces require stabilizing. Read through the instructions before starting. Follow the pattern precisely -- don't try to skip ahead and don't second guess what you are supposed to do. Follow the directions starting at step 1 and don't let the instructions intimidate you. Be sure to post pictures when you are done!

Ellietow 09-29-2014 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 (Post 6908564)
You will love this bag. Just a few suggestions -- have ALL your notions before you start sewing. I fused the stabilizer to the fabric then cut out the pieces. I don't like fusing small pieces to other small pieces. Note that not all the pieces require stabilizing. Read through the instructions before starting. Follow the pattern precisely -- don't try to skip ahead and don't second guess what you are supposed to do. Follow the directions starting at step 1 and don't let the instructions intimidate you. Be sure to post pictures when you are done!

Thanks for the tip!

DonnaC 09-29-2014 09:56 AM

Okay, I googled and found it. That's a really nice bag! Good luck in making one and be sure to post photos for us to drool over. :)

Emmy Sue 09-29-2014 02:14 PM

I love the Professional Tote and I'm sure you will also. It took me three days to make, but well worth it. Just this year a Mini Professional Tote came on the market. It's also a winner.

pattypurple 09-29-2014 03:44 PM

I've made several and the last one I used Soft and Stable instead of the interfacing and batting called for in the pattern. I like that the bag is much lighter in weight and also stands up better than with the called for interfacings.

ManiacQuilter2 09-29-2014 04:28 PM

I also received the email about the free shipping. Wonder what do I really need ???

Ellietow 09-29-2014 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by pattypurple (Post 6909097)
I've made several and the last one I used Soft and Stable instead of the interfacing and batting called for in the pattern. I like that the bag is much lighter in weight and also stands up better than with the called for interfacings.

I like soft n stable also, and will use it for this bag, when I get to it

lovingmama 09-30-2014 02:45 AM

thanks for posting, I ordered the mini professional, so now wait and hope if I'm able to create it. :)

jumpin' judy 09-30-2014 08:40 AM

Where are you ladies finding "soft and stable"? I recently bought a kit that included it and I love it. So far I haven't found a source for it in the Dallas area. (of course, I haven't visited every shop in Dallas because there are so many, but I couldn't find it a Joann's--my go to place for interfacing).