Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   calendars in your house... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/calendars-your-house-t255101.html)

Julienm1 10-11-2014 06:20 AM

calendars in your house...

Been house hunting lately and notice I'venever seen a calendar on a wall any place. Not in the kitchen or even anoffice.

So do you have a calendar on the wall in your house?

I know, I know silly question but driving me crazy.

Tartan 10-11-2014 06:24 AM

I keep a large square calendar in my drawer by the phone. All appointments and dates to remember get written on it. I also keep each years calendar as it acts like a journal of dates to check back on.
When showing a house, you are asked to remove personal touches so people can imagine themselves in the space rather than you. I am sure they have it tucked away with their pictures and knick knacks.

QuiltnNan 10-11-2014 06:26 AM

i used to love the one's my dad's company gave out each year [General Electric]. When they stopped that, i used to buy one at the store that had pleasing pictures. But since i have Outlook on my computer and a calendar on my smart phone, i don't really need a wall calendar. i'd rather decorate my walls with pics of the DGKs and quilty things :)

NikkiLu 10-11-2014 06:49 AM

Yes, I have two - one is on the side of my refrigerator and is the "old fashioned" cloth, linen, dish towel calendar - my MOM always sends me one every year. We all know to go to the refrigerator if we need to look at a calendar. Then, my youngest DD makes me a Shutterfly calendar every year with our own personal pictures on it. So, it is in our living room on the wall and is more like a picture album with the pictures changing every month. Love it.

ckcowl 10-11-2014 06:53 AM

We have a calendar hanging in the kitchen appointments are written on, up coming events, ect. I have one in my sewing room, one in the quilting studio, a journal style one I carry with me and one in the desk, hubby has his portfolio one and a desk blotter one. I guess we are (into) keeping track/scheduling

tessagin 10-11-2014 06:54 AM

I have one in the kitchen, office and sewing room. I got the one in the sewing room from a QB member with block of the month and templates. All my appointments and DH's are on the ones in the kitchen and office. That way they coordinate.

tessagin 10-11-2014 06:57 AM

When I write down an appointment on the kitchen calendar, I'll use a sticky note on the others. Kitchen is main one.

Stitchnripper 10-11-2014 07:00 AM

I have a calendar with pictures of the grandkids that changes monthly. I don't use it for anything except to look at. Everything else is in my iPhone. It is backed up to the "cloud" so I never lose anything. I can set alerts and reminders. And I promise that there are no naked photos to get hacked!!!

0tis 10-11-2014 07:04 AM

I have a calendar in the kitchen next to the phone - it has all our appointments and schedules written on it - if I just need to know the day of the week - I use my computer or whatever electronic device is nearby.

LynnVT 10-11-2014 07:04 AM

I hang one on the door inside the laundry/bathroom off the kitchen so it's near the phone (yes, I still have a house phone as well as a cell) and I can see things coming up when I go in there. Of course my electronic calendar in my iPod is where I have everything, so I can enter dates when I'm at a meeting or doctor's office, etc. Nice to have the changing pictures, as we still get a couple of free calendars from businesses. When I was working I bought the AQS desk calendar every year, as it was a book I could carry with me and it gave me lovely pics to look at when I was in boring meetings.