Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: calendars in your house...

calendars in your house...

Been house hunting lately and notice I'venever seen a calendar on a wall any place. Not in the kitchen or even anoffice.

So do you have a calendar on the wall in your house?

I know, I know silly question but driving me crazy.

Power Poster
    I keep a large square calendar in my drawer by the phone. All appointments and dates to remember get written on it. I also keep each years calendar as it acts like a journal of dates to check back on.
    When showing a house, you are asked to remove personal touches so people can imagine themselves in the space rather than you. I am sure they have it tucked away with their pictures and knick knacks.

Blog Entries
    i used to love the one's my dad's company gave out each year [General Electric]. When they stopped that, i used to buy one at the store that had pleasing pictures. But since i have Outlook on my computer and a calendar on my smart phone, i don't really need a wall calendar. i'd rather decorate my walls with pics of the DGKs and quilty things
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I have two - one is on the side of my refrigerator and is the "old fashioned" cloth, linen, dish towel calendar - my MOM always sends me one every year. We all know to go to the refrigerator if we need to look at a calendar. Then, my youngest DD makes me a Shutterfly calendar every year with our own personal pictures on it. So, it is in our living room on the wall and is more like a picture album with the pictures changing every month. Love it.
    Nikki in MO

Blog Entries
    We have a calendar hanging in the kitchen appointments are written on, up coming events, ect. I have one in my sewing room, one in the quilting studio, a journal style one I carry with me and one in the desk, hubby has his portfolio one and a desk blotter one. I guess we are (into) keeping track/scheduling
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I have one in the kitchen, office and sewing room. I got the one in the sewing room from a QB member with block of the month and templates. All my appointments and DH's are on the ones in the kitchen and office. That way they coordinate.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    When I write down an appointment on the kitchen calendar, I'll use a sticky note on the others. Kitchen is main one.

I have a calendar with pictures of the grandkids that changes monthly. I don't use it for anything except to look at. Everything else is in my iPhone. It is backed up to the "cloud" so I never lose anything. I can set alerts and reminders. And I promise that there are no naked photos to get hacked!!!
    Alyce

I have a calendar in the kitchen next to the phone - it has all our appointments and schedules written on it - if I just need to know the day of the week - I use my computer or whatever electronic device is nearby.

I hang one on the door inside the laundry/bathroom off the kitchen so it's near the phone (yes, I still have a house phone as well as a cell) and I can see things coming up when I go in there. Of course my electronic calendar in my iPod is where I have everything, so I can enter dates when I'm at a meeting or doctor's office, etc. Nice to have the changing pictures, as we still get a couple of free calendars from businesses. When I was working I bought the AQS desk calendar every year, as it was a book I could carry with me and it gave me lovely pics to look at when I was in boring meetings.

Blog Entries
    maybe the Realtor says to remove them. I have one on the back of a cabinet in my kitchen (which can be seen) and one down here next to my computer. Can't live without them. Even so i mostly don't know what day it is....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 0tis View Post
    I have a calendar in the kitchen next to the phone - it has all our appointments and schedules written on it - if I just need to know the day of the week - I use my computer or whatever electronic device is nearby.
    My kitchen calendar is my go-to!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

I have a calender on the wall above my desk. Only problem is it still is on April....LOL

I have a clock and calender on my G15 keyboard, so I never think about changing the one on the wall.
    It's a quilt bock calender so I don't mind looking at the month of April still.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

I purchase a large desk calendar every year and have it hanging in my kitchen. I love the large squares to write down all our appointments. They probably removed any personal stuff before listing the house. After all, you don't want strangers knowing when you will be at the Dentist, it would be a perfect time to break in.

Quote Originally Posted by toverly View Post
    I purchase a large desk calendar every year and have it hanging in my kitchen. I love the large squares to write down all our appointments. They probably removed any personal stuff before listing the house. After all, you don't want strangers knowing when you will be at the Dentist, it would be a perfect time to break in.
    Wow. Great point, toverly! I have a traditional paper calendar (courtesy of our local hometown pharmacy) hanging in the kitchen to keep track of all of the appts. etc. Not much of a techie......this suits me fine. Norman Rockwell, of course!
    Do not worry about the past, for it is history,
    Do not worry about the future, for it is a mystery,
    Only live for today, for it is a gift, that is why it is called "the present."

I have a large one in my kitchen that I keep all our appointments written on. I keep one in my sewing room that has quilt patterns on it.

Blog Entries
    I know the calendars you are referring to! I worked for GE for 31 years (Engineering Dept.) and our customers loved that we mailed them out every year in October, plus the Pocket Planner and other goodies! From what I heard, they were discontinued because of cost, but who really knew? I always loved their Log Books, too! Anyway, thought I'd just say hello from another GE family!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    i used to love the one's my dad's company gave out each year [General Electric]. When they stopped that, i used to buy one at the store that had pleasing pictures. But since i have Outlook on my computer and a calendar on my smart phone, i don't really need a wall calendar. i'd rather decorate my walls with pics of the DGKs and quilty things
    Kerry
    ~ American by birth, Southern by the grace of God ~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    I know the calendars you are referring to! I worked for GE for 31 years (Engineering Dept.) and our customers loved that we mailed them out every year in October, plus the Pocket Planner and other goodies! From what I heard, they were discontinued because of cost, but who really knew? I always loved their Log Books, too! Anyway, thought I'd just say hello from another GE family!
    and hello back
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Oh how I loved getting the Log Books from GE as a little girl! Daddy worked there and I was just clearing out his desk and there are a few from the 1960's unused. I think I am going to bring one home, just for the memory. I will use it for something nice!

I keep a calendar in my kitchen and one in my sewing room only for the photos. My daughter makes up great photo calendars but I never mark on them. For all of our appointments and such I use the calendar on my I pad and my husband fixed it where it will sync with his iPad and our phones.
    Juliebelle

Used to keep a paper calendar on the coffee table in the living room. I have since migrated to Outlook on the computer which also forwards to my phone. No more paper calendars. I find the daily pop ups on the computer work much better for me as reminders for bills; appointments; etc.

I used to have a paper calendar but found I only referred to it once in a while and the next time I looked at it, it was a couple months or more behind. Now I use my iPhone and iPad which are synced through iCloud so they update and have the same information. That one is always up-to-date!

We have one that we put all our appointments on so that we can see where the other person is going. Dh schedules meetings and he is not a computer person.

We have another one with a variety of pictures from our trips in our breakfast nook so that we can see it when we do work or eat. This year I will make one with our pictures from Alaska

Each Christmas the granddaughter gives me a 14x18 calendar from the LSU Ag Center with a gorgeous flower each month, monthly gardening tips, and large daily blocks in which to write. Hangs on the front of the fridge.

Blog Entries
    I have two, one in the kitchen, right by the phone that hangs on the wall, and it is in a wooden frame and I always try to find Herraro calendars for it. I love the way he paints farm scenes and cows.

The second is in my studio, also in a frame and I put funny inspirational calendars in that one.

I can't get into using the PC as a calendar. I like to have everything in front of me and everyone else so that they all see it and know what is happening for us all. It is the quickest reference point for all information we need to know.

I love my calendars.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast