Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: calendars in your house...

Blog Entries
    I have a calendar on the refrigerator and in three other rooms

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Oh we have calendars all over the place. Two in the office area, one in the garage, one in the kitchen, one in the front room (its small and cute!).
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

DD's hobby is photography so I get great calendars from her, one yr of her pics, this yr of a well known Little Rock photographer of city and state scenes. Love the pictures but seldom use the calendars for anything else. Use electronic devices mostly. Only one calendar in house in sewing room.

Blog Entries
    We have a clock in living area that gives time, temp, day and date....Magnetic one on refrigerator with large squares for all notes and appointments(I keep this one as Tartan said, for my years journal)....One in entry from equipment company every year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
    Yes I have a total of 4 calendars hanging up.
    1 on the small freezer near my desk.
    2 on the wall near the kitchen (one is from Italy a gift from FIL and step MIL).
    1 in the bathroom. (will explain if anyone REALLY wants to know).
    Self explanatory, Quilty Louise, since I also have one right in front of me in the bathroom. It just sort of sets your day (being that it is the first thing you see in the morning, right?) I get laughs about it, but hey, it works, and I
    know where you are coming from......been there!!!! Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Blog Entries
    LOL Edie,
    My calendar in the bathroom only started 8 years ago. It was started
    as a way to help remind of when to change my hormone patch. Now
    it is just a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edie View Post
    Self explanatory, Quilty Louise, since I also have one right in front of me in the bathroom. It just sort of sets your day (being that it is the first thing you see in the morning, right?) I get laughs about it, but hey, it works, and I
    know where you are coming from......been there!!!! Edie
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

I have one wall calendar that I keep above my desk. I purchase it to support the Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Club of America. I love the pictures. The only thing I use if for is the stickers to remind me when my dog's heartgard and frontline are due.
    I keep a small calendar/address book in my handbag and that is where I record appointments. I'd be lost without it.
    However, it seems that all the people that used to send you address labels (and they are still doing that) are also sending calendars. Big, beautiful calendars. I think if I get one more I'm going to scream! I have no place to put them. I have given away no less than a dozen gorgeous calendars. These are coming from charitable organizations. Some I support, some I would like to, they all want my money.
    Pat

No, don't have one. We do stick appointment notes on the fridge sometimes, but I generally use my phone for logging appts/important dates. Don't wear a watch either (once i put them on they don't keep time). For work stuff I print out my roster/make notes on it. Used to have calendars for years, but we sort of drifted out of using them once the new kitchen went in (no wall space for a hanger). My mother has a calendar which she checks/uses almost daily.

Realtors recommend that things like that be removed. They want them staged. I personally don't see anything wrong with personal things in the house, but the idea is to make the home look like the homes in the magazines. Most of the time I think they look very cold and sad.
    Have a blessed day.

Linda

Blog Entries
    I have a calendar in the kitchen near the back door and colorful posty notes stuck to the cabinet doors ( left to right date sequence) with more detailed info, sometimes I even stick one to the bathroom mirror. And a pocket calendar in my purse. When I bought my house there was a pretty calendar on the wall, after moving in I turned it to the current month and found a huge hole in the wall!

Blog Entries
    My calender is in my phone. Only me reads it so don't need big ones hanging up.
    Finished is better than a UFO

I have one in my hall to keep track of when to change a/c - furnace filters and to remind me of when to give dogs heartworm preventive. My oldest Daughter made me a perpetual calender that hangs on a broom closet so I can see it from the dining room.
    I keep all my appointments at work as I need them during the work week.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I have calendars all over the house. I think you might not see them in houses that are for sale, because they probably "staged" the house to sell, plus there is a boatload of personal information on a calendar...at least mine has.

Yes I have one that hangs on inside of my pantry door. This was it is out of sight of people visiting but available for me to mark on frequently. My husband does not have to ask me my schedule for work as it is marked on the calendar as well as all appointments for both myself and him.

Blog Entries
    *** Yes, I have 3.
    *** Office - Den - Car
    *** Old people need to have reminders everyy where.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Yep. I have one hanging on the wall next to the fridge; I use it to keep track of all our events and appointments, as well as what days I've ordered a school lunch for the older boy. I use a calendar app on my phone as a backup, but I really like having it right there where everyone can see. Plus, I like the pretty pictures (it's birds this year), and it's been helpful teaching the kids about months and days of the week.

I have one in the kitchen by the phone - yes I too still have a land line phone. My husband has three in his office area and I have two at work and there is one on the wall in our vacation home. It is a family tradition that Santa brings everyone a calendar for their stocking every year.

My DH is a photographer and he makes a calendar each year so we always have one of those hanging in the house. We don't really use it much though, we use our phone calendars for most appointments. I also keep a day planner type calendar in my purse, mostly because my phone is pretty terrible and I don't entirely trust it, so I enter all my appointments in there as well.

I use a lot more calendars at work. I have a big one that lists all the company holidays and important dates such as dates for new software release loading, etc. I use my Outlook calendar for all my meetings, of course, and then I have a day planner style one I keep on my desk that has my personal appointments, reminders, etc. in it. Then there's a departmental calendar that everybody shares for scheduling vacation time.

we have four in the house and one in sewing room.
    seems we have trouble with days and appointments etc. lol
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

We have one. It on the wall that separates the kitchen from the living room. I bought it in West Yellowstone last year when we were there on holiday. For the month of October Im looking at a beautiful cinnamon coloured black bear.

My DH has to have the large, desk type on the side of the fridge. We always write any appts., sewing/quilting classes, guild mtgs, sewing circle, etc. so we will know what and where each other are doing. I generally use my iPhone calendar as it alerts any thing I put in it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3