Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: calendars in your house...

I Have a large one on my kitchen wall to keep track of "everything". One of the grandkids always gives Grandpa a "Light House" calendar for Christmas ( except for,the year when a smart alec grandson gave him an "Outhouse" one) I also keep one in my sewing room.
    Happy Quilting Grandma of 15, 3 Greats

I have four wall calendars,in the kitchen, by the computer, bed room, quilt room and his and hers planner. I also have google calendar . My husband is a Minister and I am a Fair Trade store volunteer so we both need to keep track of each other. The one in the kitchen is for when both of us need to do something together.

I always get two calendars each year...and people would probably laugh if they saw how close they hang to each other. One is in the kitchen, right beside the dining room door. I can see from my seat at the table. And one is in my dining room. I can also see it from my seat at the table...but it is more to be able to see it from my computer. Besides, I half get them for the photos! And this year someone got me an extra one and it hangs in my kitchen, too.

Blog Entries
    1 in sewing room with quilt pictures and patterns, 1 in den, 1 in the treadmill room, 1 on wall in kitchen, 1 in laundry room, and a large erasable monthly one for marking down appointments, etc.

Blog Entries
    I have 4 within arms reach -a blotter -one on the wall to my left and another sitting on top of the modem and the one in the computer to remind me of upcoming stuff in case I don't check the other calendars. And I still miss appts. and I never know what day it is. So I must buy the dang things for the pretty pictures. : )

Blog Entries
    yes, in the kitchen , office , sewing room.

Blog Entries
    I have those little sticky back calendars with a tractor or a building shown on it and I use them all over the place. My favorite place is in the bathroom! Can get a lot of planning done in there!!!!! I have one on my sewing machine, a pocket calendar on the inside of my kitchen cupboard. Oh, take it back - none in the bedroom - but in the car, the basement, the porch, sewing room, front room, living room (computer desk, of course,) and in my wallet.

At my age, I need all the help I can get. I can forget the date from the sewing machine to the kitchen.

I don't forget days, but dates I do!

Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
    Yes, I have two - one is on the side of my refrigerator and is the "old fashioned" cloth, linen, dish towel calendar - my MOM always sends me one every year. We all know to go to the refrigerator if we need to look at a calendar. Then, my youngest DD makes me a Shutterfly calendar every year with our own personal pictures on it. So, it is in our living room on the wall and is more like a picture album with the pictures changing every month. Love it.
    when I read your reply about your mom sending you a cloth calendar I remembered seeing a beautiful quilt made out of yearly cloth calendars. I wish I could remember where I saw it. Anyway it's an idea, if you saved any of them.
    Rita

Blog Entries
    When we listed our house, two different 'stagers' came. The first had us remove anything personal (which calendars usually are) and remove items so the rooms would look bigger. The second went even further and was a strong believer in 'feng shui.' So if you're looking a homes to buy, you probably won't see much that could be considered 'personal.'
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Almost forgot

DH laughs at me cause I have calendars -- and clocks -- everywhere. There's the "family calendar" on the pantry door, but if DH doesn't put his appts on it, I can't help him get to them on time (there's a longer story here.) There's one next to the main house phone and one next to my desk. Did I mention one in my bathroom? Gotta know what day it is when I get up in the morning. There are also several magnetic ones on the fridge. I can't claim to ever look at them, but they come in the mail and I can always use another fridge magnet.

I actually have no obsessive/compulsive tendancies, I just like calendars!

Almost forgot -- there's one next to the sewing machine, of course!
    Last edited by gramma nancy; 10-12-2014 at 05:20 AM.
    "Accomplishment is a consequence of effort" -- Michael Crichton

None at all. I do remember growing up as always having a calendar hanging on the kitchen wall and making notes on it. Now, My DH just wings it to remember stuff and I rely on my iPhone for home and my Blackberry for work. I don't know why we stopped using one.

I have a calendar also. As a matter of fact I just got next years at Costco.

I have one with large blocks that hangs inside the kitchen pantry door. It is the LAW that both my DH and I post EVERYTHING to avoid conflicts. I use color markers to code which event belongs to which person and one that includes both of us.

With all the electronics in the house this seems primitive, but it works.

We have a big-squared one in the kitchen. For our doings, and the 5 kids, and 5 grandkids, happenings, etc.
    I also have a fun one in my sewing room.
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Yes I have a total of 4 calendars hanging up.
    1 on the small freezer near my desk.
    2 on the wall near the kitchen (one is from Italy a gift from FIL and step MIL).
    1 in the bathroom. (will explain if anyone REALLY wants to know).
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

We have a calendar on our refrigerator and one in my sewing room. The refrigerator calendar is very helpful in reminding us when we have to renew our pbs, library, and newspaper payments as well as for doctor and other appts.

Super Member citruscountyquilter's Avatar
    We had a central large calendar in the kitchen when all my kids were home. It really got filled up but we didn't miss things. Now that it's just my husband and myself we have a calendar but don't write appointments on it as much as I use the calendar on my phone. I like to do that because I always have my phone with me.

I have a calendar my daughter makes for me every year for Christmas with family pictures, especially the grandkids, on it for each month. And I save them every year. It's fun to see how the family grows/changes through the years. That is the only calendar I have hanging up in my house. I LOVE it and look forward to getting one every year.
    Nancy G

I have calenders all over the house. The ones in the kitchen are gifted by grand children of their kids. Each month a different family scene. I love them, even the ones from Sweden where they don't start the week on Sunday but monday which is confusing. It keeps me up with my growing family. Some show them with quilts I have made.

I have a calendar now on my pantry near my computer since I am in a small 2 bedroom apt.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    I have a large one in my bedroom to orient me to the day and date, and a small one from my DD in the dining room that we use to keep track of all appointments and occasions.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

I hang one in the kitchen then have a calendar in my sewing room and one in our bedroom but those are more like date books not wall calendars. Plus I keep one in my handbag.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Our main calendar is in our office above my desk with all appts, etc on it. I also have a nice one, Lang usually, in a nice frame in the dining room/kitchen and one in my sewing room. I keep old calendars for several years and often refer back tothem for past doctor appts, it is a good reference tool.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

I keep a calendar hanging on the side of the refrigerator. We color code events (I mark all my events with an orange pencil) so we know who is going where and when. We stopped missing events and scheduling conflicts by doing this. It has really large squares with plenty of room to write.

I keep a similar one hanging on the side of my file cabinet at work.

I'm trying to start using my iPhone to mark doctor appointments, etc. but often forget to check that. The main one is the one on the fridge.

Wall calendar in the home office. Reasonable space to jot notes and schedules. But if I really want to know what day it is... I check the newspaper. Computer only gives me the date. When I was working I always new the Julien date (Jan 1 is 1, December 31 is 365 or 366 in leap year) since I'm retired I have to check.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast