calendars in your house...

Old 10-11-2014, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

maybe the Realtor says to remove them. I have one on the back of a cabinet in my kitchen (which can be seen) and one down here next to my computer. Can't live without them. Even so i mostly don't know what day it is....
Old 10-11-2014, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by 0tis View Post
I have a calendar in the kitchen next to the phone - it has all our appointments and schedules written on it - if I just need to know the day of the week - I use my computer or whatever electronic device is nearby.
My kitchen calendar is my go-to!
Old 10-11-2014, 08:19 AM

I have a calender on the wall above my desk. Only problem is it still is on April....LOL

I have a clock and calender on my G15 keyboard, so I never think about changing the one on the wall.
It's a quilt bock calender so I don't mind looking at the month of April still.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:21 AM

I purchase a large desk calendar every year and have it hanging in my kitchen. I love the large squares to write down all our appointments. They probably removed any personal stuff before listing the house. After all, you don't want strangers knowing when you will be at the Dentist, it would be a perfect time to break in.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
I purchase a large desk calendar every year and have it hanging in my kitchen. I love the large squares to write down all our appointments. They probably removed any personal stuff before listing the house. After all, you don't want strangers knowing when you will be at the Dentist, it would be a perfect time to break in.
Wow. Great point, toverly! I have a traditional paper calendar (courtesy of our local hometown pharmacy) hanging in the kitchen to keep track of all of the appts. etc. Not much of a techie......this suits me fine. Norman Rockwell, of course!
Old 10-11-2014, 10:41 AM

I have a large one in my kitchen that I keep all our appointments written on. I keep one in my sewing room that has quilt patterns on it.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:31 AM

I know the calendars you are referring to! I worked for GE for 31 years (Engineering Dept.) and our customers loved that we mailed them out every year in October, plus the Pocket Planner and other goodies! From what I heard, they were discontinued because of cost, but who really knew? I always loved their Log Books, too! Anyway, thought I'd just say hello from another GE family!

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
i used to love the one's my dad's company gave out each year [General Electric]. When they stopped that, i used to buy one at the store that had pleasing pictures. But since i have Outlook on my computer and a calendar on my smart phone, i don't really need a wall calendar. i'd rather decorate my walls with pics of the DGKs and quilty things
Old 10-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
I know the calendars you are referring to! I worked for GE for 31 years (Engineering Dept.) and our customers loved that we mailed them out every year in October, plus the Pocket Planner and other goodies! From what I heard, they were discontinued because of cost, but who really knew? I always loved their Log Books, too! Anyway, thought I'd just say hello from another GE family!
and hello back
Old 10-11-2014, 12:42 PM

Oh how I loved getting the Log Books from GE as a little girl! Daddy worked there and I was just clearing out his desk and there are a few from the 1960's unused. I think I am going to bring one home, just for the memory. I will use it for something nice!
Old 10-11-2014, 12:43 PM

I keep a calendar in my kitchen and one in my sewing room only for the photos. My daughter makes up great photo calendars but I never mark on them. For all of our appointments and such I use the calendar on my I pad and my husband fixed it where it will sync with his iPad and our phones.