Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You won't believe it . . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-wont-believe-t255131.html)

quiltsRfun 10-11-2014 04:39 PM

You won't believe it . . .

I visited M & L Fabrics (in Anaheim) today and didn't buy a single thing. What? How could that be? My favorite fabric store and I came out empty handed? It's true. I went with DD and my job was to watch her slightly autistic daughter while she shopped. We were all over that store and I did my best to educate my grand daughter about fabric. In the end I had about five minutes to myself to take a quick look around but was so overwhelmed I couldn't remember what fabrics I was looking to match. When I turned up at the cash register with nothing DD said it was some kind if miracle. Oh well, at least DD found her fabric for a project she's really excited about. There's always next time for me. Just being in the store with all that loveliness was my fabric fix for this trip. And yes, I did pet the fabric.

quiltingcandy 10-11-2014 04:52 PM

Wow, that's like getting out of Costco for less than $50.00!

PenniF 10-11-2014 05:14 PM

Oh well...as you say, there is always next time....and you did a sweet thing for both your daughter and grand-daughter. You have earned the free pass to reward yourself with and extra "something" next time you go.:thumbup:

Terri D. 10-11-2014 05:36 PM

If you already have a healthy stash, you could be slowing down on your fabric purchases, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. A trip to the quilt shop is always good, whether you spend money or not!

willferg 10-12-2014 07:09 AM

I've done that before and felt great afterward – all the fun of shopping and none of the guilt from spending!

ManiacQuilter2 10-12-2014 08:31 AM

I NEVER get out of the store without spending over $100. They now have flat folds from RK with a sign posted on the aisle. That is where I head first. Love the RK $5.98 batiks. I always make a list and check it twice. Takes me at least a week to get ready.

quiltsRfun 10-12-2014 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 6925689)
I NEVER get out of the store without spending over $100. They now have flat folds from RK with a sign posted on the aisle. That is where I head first. Love the RK $5.98 batiks. I always make a list and check it twice. Takes me at least a week to get ready.

Making a list for my next trip. Won't be for a while though cause I'm out of state. Probably in the spring.

yngldy 10-12-2014 02:05 PM

I was thinking of going there this week. Thanks for saving more fabric for me!! lol

Jim's Gem 10-12-2014 02:35 PM

Are you sure you were not running a fever????? It certainly can be overwhelming. I am trying to figure out when I can get down there for a shopping trip.

yobrosew 10-13-2014 03:34 AM

Next you will be starting a recovery group or something for the rest of us!