Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-anyone-get-quilty-gifts-christmas-t258722.html)

Cam's gram 12-25-2014 12:34 PM

Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas????

Was wondering if anyone received gifts for quilting. This year was the first time I did. DH got me a armless ergonomic drafting chair to use when I quilting on the longarm. I thought he did a good job! Please let us know if you recieved a quilting gift.

lynnie 12-25-2014 12:48 PM

wow, sounds like you're ready to go. I got a total of $170 in JA's gift cards. you know where i'll be tomorrow, coupons in hand.

momto5 12-25-2014 12:55 PM

I got a Hancock's Fabric card and some money to pursue whatever I want to....wonder what that might be???? Merry Christmas to all of you!

franc36 12-25-2014 12:57 PM

Actually, I gave myself quilting gifts---an electric AccuQuilt Go Big, lots of dies, and a bundle of Moda Crazy for Red ​fat quarters. I'm excited about quilting in 2015!

ckcowl 12-25-2014 12:59 PM

My hubby always buys me *quilty* gifts for Christmas! The ladies at our lqs love to see him come through the door! They demo/ show him new items they think I should have & guide him through, making sure he gets the right rotary blades, needles, etc. He fills my stocking with post-its, glue sticks, marking pens/pencils, new blades, sewing machine and hand needles.... If I request anything special ( I think he sneaks into the sewing room & checks to see if I'm low on new blades, needle threaders, post it flags....)
This year he also went to the sewing center and bought me the Red Snappers and a new scallop ruler & ruler base for the new long arm and he visited a shop he sort of hates going to, usually waits in the car at that one, and bought me some fairy frost yardage. He looked for it at our lqs, they didn't have it & told him ( she carries it at ~~~. He went there. I'm sure he probably sat in his truck for 5 minutes talking himself into going through that door!
He is very supportive of my quilting and has fun finding me new handy-dandy gadgets/ rulers, tools & notions. :)

Leslie333 12-25-2014 01:23 PM

Hubby did very well! I got the circular attachment for my Pfaff Performance, a new foot, bobbins, and a quilt pattern I wanted. I also got a big surprise - a new laptop! It's not exactly a "quilty" gift, but it will let me do things like watch quilting videos and pull up patterns at my sewing table, so I'm counting it. :)

Diannia 12-25-2014 01:33 PM

Hubby got me a sewing table and rolling drawers and plastic organizers for my UFO's a couple of weeks ago that was my big gift. He's a keeper!

AngeliaNR 12-25-2014 01:38 PM

Several nifty gifts and a couple of gift cards! :)

lynnie 12-25-2014 01:46 PM

anyone have any suggestions on what I can spend my JA's gc on.
I have blades nd such, well, maybe a new 60mm blade. but othr suggestions are welcome.
So overwhelmed, don't know where to start. Any suggestions?
Also got my engagement ring remounted last month, so that was part of my gift too.

marilynr 12-25-2014 01:47 PM

I received a "Lavender Mist" collection block of the month, including 12 blocks patterns, fabric & binding from a
dear quilting friend.