Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas????

Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas????

Was wondering if anyone received gifts for quilting. This year was the first time I did. DH got me a armless ergonomic drafting chair to use when I quilting on the longarm. I thought he did a good job! Please let us know if you recieved a quilting gift.

Blog Entries
    wow, sounds like you're ready to go. I got a total of $170 in JA's gift cards. you know where i'll be tomorrow, coupons in hand.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I got a Hancock's Fabric card and some money to pursue whatever I want to....wonder what that might be???? Merry Christmas to all of you!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Actually, I gave myself quilting gifts---an electric AccuQuilt Go Big, lots of dies, and a bundle of Moda Crazy for Red ​fat quarters. I'm excited about quilting in 2015!

Blog Entries
    My hubby always buys me *quilty* gifts for Christmas! The ladies at our lqs love to see him come through the door! They demo/ show him new items they think I should have & guide him through, making sure he gets the right rotary blades, needles, etc. He fills my stocking with post-its, glue sticks, marking pens/pencils, new blades, sewing machine and hand needles.... If I request anything special ( I think he sneaks into the sewing room & checks to see if I'm low on new blades, needle threaders, post it flags....)
    This year he also went to the sewing center and bought me the Red Snappers and a new scallop ruler & ruler base for the new long arm and he visited a shop he sort of hates going to, usually waits in the car at that one, and bought me some fairy frost yardage. He looked for it at our lqs, they didn't have it & told him ( she carries it at ~~~. He went there. I'm sure he probably sat in his truck for 5 minutes talking himself into going through that door!
    He is very supportive of my quilting and has fun finding me new handy-dandy gadgets/ rulers, tools & notions.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Hubby did very well! I got the circular attachment for my Pfaff Performance, a new foot, bobbins, and a quilt pattern I wanted. I also got a big surprise - a new laptop! It's not exactly a "quilty" gift, but it will let me do things like watch quilting videos and pull up patterns at my sewing table, so I'm counting it.

Hubby got me a sewing table and rolling drawers and plastic organizers for my UFO's a couple of weeks ago that was my big gift. He's a keeper!
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!

Blog Entries
    Several nifty gifts and a couple of gift cards!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    anyone have any suggestions on what I can spend my JA's gc on.
    I have blades nd such, well, maybe a new 60mm blade. but othr suggestions are welcome.
    So overwhelmed, don't know where to start. Any suggestions?
    Also got my engagement ring remounted last month, so that was part of my gift too.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    I received a "Lavender Mist" collection block of the month, including 12 blocks patterns, fabric & binding from a
    dear quilting friend.

My SIL made me an oak ironing stand to match my other sewing furniture. It has rolling wheels so I can move it easily if I want to watch television, deep shelves underneath which I've already filled with essentials and pretty things, and a side extension that can fold down when I don't need an extra long board. It's beautiful!

My husband gave me the Panasonic cordless iron! And lots of cuddly tops to wear in my cold room. Hope everyone had a wonderful day with family!

I got a "new to me" sewing machine last month. It's a Quilter's Dream 7200 and it counted as my Christmas Gift. I absolutely love it. It really does sew like a dream.
    I am too POSITIVE to be doubtful, too OPTIMISTIC to be fearful and way to DETERMINED to be defeated.

DH got me a new 6X24 ruler, my old one had a couple of nicks out of the side, and one corner was broken off. He also gave me a selection of threads to use it my thread art. Got 3 gift cards from Joann's from other family members, and one DGD gave me an IOU for help sorting out my sewing/craft room in the spring when I do my spring cleaning. LOL

I got a cute little vintage toy machine from my son, a Bonnie Hunter More Adventures with Leaders and Enders book from my daughter and a beautiful vintage treadle machine in a parlor cabinet from my husband! I am a lucky (and happy) lady!
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Dear Hubby bought me a Featherweight on Ebay and it arrived last Friday!!! She is a beauty and he is so proud of himself in finding it and getting it for a great buy - hit it just right and got her for $205.00. She purrs like a kitten and is a 1955 so she has a few years on her but she had been loved and taken care of and works perfectly!!! Gotta love that man!!!
    Busy in Ohio

Blog Entries
    Our son and his family are out of state with ddil's family for Christmas, but dh, mom, and I exchanged some gifts today.
    My dh made me a shelf I've been wanting to hold my button collection, and a hand scraped cedar mantle made from old barn wood beams for our fireplace he and our son built a few years back. I've had a wonderful day!
    Name:  IMG_20141225_165916.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  184.5 KBName:  IMG_20141225_170358.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  52.4 KB

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Kif
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Lots of fun quilty gifts for all of you. My oldest and youngest got me a lovely lap quilt at a show they worked (selling candles) a couple weekends ago. Told me I never keep anything I make so they had to get me something. Lol! Aren't they sweet!!!

Blog Entries
    Nothing as usual.

IF (when) I get anything quilty related it is because I bought it myself.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

I got a Needle Nanny- it looks like a pin, but its a magnet you can park your needle and scissors on. My DH will love this as I often park a needle on the arm of my chair for him to 'find' later!

My husband gave me a new sewing machine and on Christmas Eve at the church I pastor
    gives the open collection to the priest. I got over a $100 which I plan to use it to buy fabric. The best gift of all is the birth of the Saviour and for me it's the honour of doing the service and giving my congregation Holy Communion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    anyone have any suggestions on what I can spend my JA's gc on.
    I have blades nd such, well, maybe a new 60mm blade. but othr suggestions are welcome.
    So overwhelmed, don't know where to start. Any suggestions?
    Also got my engagement ring remounted last month, so that was part of my gift too.
    Since Joanne's has regular sales & coupons why not just take your time, don't spend them all at once. Go in & browse, browse the website & just hold onto your gift cards. As the year goes on you may spot some fabulous new item you really want. No need to go buy a bunch of stuff you really don't need just to spend your gift cards.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    First year in 30 years that I have not received something - even just a seam ripper or needles - for Christmas, and I was so glad! I am beyond my distant (in mileage) family having a clue what to send, and usually get what I have to have for myself.
    This year was heavy on sweets, oddly, as if I need THAT either! But every one of the sweets were well thought out and were those things I love, my favorites; I appreciated them all.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

No, just a towel and house slippers. We've been sick since Sunday night.

Lynnie, I agree with ckcowl - if there's not something you know you want or need, hang onto those gift cards. Just be sure you don't misplace them. I had a gift card last year that I think got tossed with the wrapping paper.

Local JA's don't carry them, but I have been looking @ the chenille cutter on their website, also when Best Press is on sale you could get that if you like it or have wanted to try it. It's much cheaper ordering online, which I do when shipping is free. A gallon will be about $40-$45 when it's on special.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast